“Squeeze dat lemon!”
Review of Lemon Press

Lemon Press
Ranked #5 of 7 Quick Bites in Nantucket
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

When I first saw their shingle over the entry, I thought it was either a bookstore or a print shop. Lemon Press?
BUT, this very upbeat eatery serves fabulous vegan fare and smackin good smoothies. Right on Main Street. You absolutely should not miss stopping in here for a terrific tastebud treat!

Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

The location on Main street is beautiful with lots of healthy, carry out options.
If you have time to order from their menu, you will not be disappointed.
Their sweet potato, lentil soup was incredible.
Portions are large.
Service was great, quick & friendly.
Definitely need to stop in frequently to try the rest of vegan offerings.

Reviewed October 22, 2018

Local food model. This restaurant gets about 80% of it's ingredients from local farms and producers. They have fresh juices, baked goods, sandwiches, great coffee drinks, and dinner, although we only ate breakfast there. We liked everything we ate and drank. Pretty pricey though. $$$$

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Awesome pressed juices, best coffee on island, delicious healthy options for food, and adorable decor!

Reviewed September 30, 2018

I've been following Lemon Press (on Instagram) as they moved to their Main St location this year, couldn't wait to try several of their offerings, particularly since they try to make healthy options, with more vegetarian/vegan offerings than is typical on ACK. Unfortunately because we aren't downtown in the morning or at lunchtime, we only got to try one of the breakfast sandwiches -- the Vegan Brekky-- "lentil veggie cake, greens, avocado, tomato, muhammara". It was good, but for some reason it sounded better than it was. We shared between 2 people, which made the price a bit more reasonable. The 'grab-and-go' selections looked great-- would have tried several things but the prices were a bit intimidating and we never walked out with anything... however I'd still like to try some of the other selections. They've also got to get better at posting prices -- sometimes it's not obvious or clear and i don't want to get to point of paying only to find that whatever it is is more than i want to pay. This IS Nantucket, and everything is $$$ but I still don't want it to be a surprise.
They close the cafe at 4 PM and rearrange the space with more tables to transform into 'Limon', opening back up at 6PM. The dinner cuisine sounds very creative, with a South/Central American influence. Again, we only had one opportunity to try dinner, and we inadvertently happened to go on 'Taco Tuesday' --- when the rest of the menu selections are not available. So we had fish tacos (nicely done, well seasoned), yucca fries, and another side dish with corn (off the cob--but since the dinner menus aren't published I can't even refresh my memory with what it was...!). Which brings me to one of the fundamental problems-- i get that the dinners are meant to be creative, it's a new concept for them-- but you basically have to go and take a chance. If you don't like what's on for that night, you're out of luck, maybe that's the 'fun'. Prices aren't available on the website (and sometimes not even in the cafe on the menu board!) for the cafe menu, and the dinner menu is not posted online either.
On the other hand, we had a lovely table looking right out on Main St and the candlelit atmosphere and comfy seating was very nice. The staff were friendly and enthusiastic, but at least on the night we went service was rather slow (with a fairly empty room, it shouldn't have taken so long).
So overall, I want to like this place, i hope they survive because i still want to try more of their creations, and i do appreciate the vegetarian options-- but I agree with another reviewer that the prices could be dropped 15-20% in this casual place and i think they would get more back in volume (they would get more of my volume!).

Date of visit: September 2018