All reviews bar next door the main square rooftop terrace continental breakfast central park hot tub perfect location small hotel agua volcano half block charming hotel purified water light sleeper bring earplugs guatemala city wonderful stay spent nights
Reviewed March 4, 2017

Ok so first thing, for the price I think you're getting good value. Its VERY central to all of Antigua. Its literally less than 1/2 block away from the cathedral/main plaza of Antigua.

The rooms are good just don't expect some high end quality room/beds. I'm only trying to set expectations here. Note there was no A/C unit in our room but they gave us a fan and you don't really need the A/C in Antigua anyway.

The roof of the hotel has a great view of one of the volcanoes. I think this adds value to the hotel.

I interacted with all staff during my stay there (day/night/graveyard shift) and they were all friendly and attentive to my requests/needs.

However, the reason why I would not stay here again is also because of location. The hotel is located next door to some bar/club. The noise reaches the hotel rooms even with windows/doors closed. If you have ear plugs or if you think the noise will not bother you then you've got a great hotel here.

For me, I could not handle the noise and that is why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2017

D'Leyenda Hotel locates has a great location - it takes one minute to Centro area. awesome breakfast - they bring it to you. the staffs were so friendly and helpful. it is very cozy historic hotel. and it comes with free wi-fi and free parking.

Room Tip: eat breakfast at the rooftop. the staff will bring breakfast to you.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew K
DLeyendaHotel, Director de Recepción at D'Leyenda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Thank you for being part of D´Leyenda Hotel.
Our mission is to give you an outstanding service!

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous boutique hotel. Breakfast is included and served on the rooftop with a view of the volcano. Rooms are clean and comfortable; Staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a bar next door with some noise but this didn't worry us too much. Would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela L
Reviewed February 1, 2017

The location is perfect, just off the main square. We always felt safe when we were wondering around at night (within a few blocks of our hotel).
Due to some early morning trips we only got to enjoy the breakfast one morning which was disappointing as it was so good. It consisted of juice, coffee, toast, fresh fruit (which was the real standout portion) and a couple of eggos waffles (which was a bit weird). They have a lovely roof top patio that we enjoyed our breakfast on.
The property is very secure, the front door is kept locked & the staff have to let you in & out. This wasn't a issue as someone was always there quickly other than the morning we had to leave at 4AM for a flight. We had let the staff know that we would be leaving early & were told it wouldn't be a issue. We went to the front desk in the morning and no one was there- we rang the bell/banged on the door & no response. We eventually figured out how to open the one door & were prepared to jump the metal fence but thankfully a staff membered showed up just before our ride got there so it wasn't necessary.
There is a night club next door which you are able to hear from the rooms- we were able to hear it from our room but still able to sleep through the noise.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2017

My husband and I have stayed in many hotels in Antigua as we travel to Antigua often for work and for leisure. We have stayed at some of the most expensive hotels in Antigua down to some of the cheapest. D'Leyenda was a really wonderful middle ground. The price point is perfect. The rooms are well appointed, cozy and very comfortable. Because it is a small boutique hotel, customers receive very personalized, helpful and welcoming service. We stayed in room #3 with the king size bed and we loved the room. We did not use the fireplace because it was too warm the weekend we were there. There is coffee and purified water available in the lobby at all times and a lovely rooftop deck. We did not eat at the hotel, but the eating area looked quaint and lovely. We will definitely stay here again!! There is one drawback for some people, the hotel is located next to a very popular and busy bar. The bar closes by 1 am, but you can hear music coming from the bar until then. This was not a problem for my husband and me, but some people may not like it. The ambiance, comfort and price point of the hotel made up for it for us. The bar next door is also really fun and a great place, if you are looking for night life.

Room Tip: if you are traveling as a couple room #3 was perfect!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 3KatieC
DLeyendaHotel, Director de Recepción at D'Leyenda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2017

Thank you for being part of D´Leyenda Hotel.
Our mission is to give you an outstanding service!