“The perfect home away from home!”
other travellers have booked this property
Garage and Patio
3rd Bedroom
One of the bathrooms
Patio
Stairs to Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Oreolife
Saint Charles, Missouri
“The perfect home away from home!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Everything about this home was delightful! From its gorgeous open courtyard, spiral staircases, and rooftop patio to its close proximity to everything that we wanted to see, this was the perfect place for our family!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
5kk2013
Richmond, Virginia
“A wonderful place with even more wonderful hosts”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

Our four-person family (including our 5- and 11-year-old children) stayed in Antigua for a week in December 2013. Carlos met us at the airport and drove us to the house, while giving us lots of helpful information about the house, Antigua, and Guatemala in general. He was incredibly attentive throughout our whole stay, checked on us multiple times to make sure we have everything we needed, even brought us some delicious freshly baked bread our first night there. He helped us organize a trip to the volcano Pacaya with his brother Jorge (who owns a tour agency and is also the nicest and most helpful guy, just like Carlos!). He also took us back to the airport at 3 a.m. It was great to know that if we run into any problems or have any question, we could always contact him regardless of the the time of the day, and he would do everything he could to help us out.

We loved the house - it had everything we needed, including a washer and dryer (very useful when having kids along), wifi, a beautiful rooftop terrace surrounded by tropical flowers, a peaceful courtyard to hang out in, plus a nice selection of DVDs that kids could watch in the evening. The location is great -a short walk into the center of the town, and, if the kids were tired after walking around all day, a few minute tuk-tuk ride back to the house.

Carlos provided us with several huge containers of bottled water that lasted us through out our stay and even scheduled a cleaning service mid-week.

In terms of things to do, especially for families, our trip to the volcano Pacaya was fascinating. Carlos's brother Jorge took us there in his very comfy shuttle van (1 1/2 hour ride), connected us with a local guide who took us up the volcano, then waited for us for several hours and took us back. We rode the horses up the trail to the volcano and walked back down. I was not sure if we could do it with our 5 year old, but it was no problem at all. The Museum of Chocolate in Antigua (which Carlos recommended to us) offers a 2-hour workshop on chocolate making, and both of our kids (as well as us) really enjoyed it, learned a lot, and made some chocolate to take home.

Overall, we hade a great stay in Antigua, and we strongly recommend the house -both for its amenities and for the hosts' graciousness and willingness to help. Thanks for everything, Carlos - we hope to be back soon!

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
TN
Reviewed 22 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
22 Oct 2013
Hi Cathy, I'm glad we were able to feel you welcomed in Antigua. I hope you can come back some day. We'll be happy to see you again. Thanks for taking care of our house! We really appreciate it! Best regards to you and your family!
CA
Reviewed 22 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Older travelers Rugged travelers
San Francisco
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Older travelers Rugged travelers
29 May 2013
Hi Anna, thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you personally. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Guatemala, Antigua and in my house.
I wanted to ask you a favor. If you took some pictures of Antigua, or the house and would like to share it with us, please send them to me and I'll post them here for other guests to enjoy.
Please take care. I'm glad you are back home, safe and sound. -Sincerely, Nancy and Carlos
Santa Rosa. California
Reviewed 19 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

19 Apr 2013
Hi Nannette,
I'm glad you were able to enjoy the house and rest after your mission in Guatemala. I really appreciate your hard work and dedication to this country (Nannette and her friends volunteered time and work at a local hospital in rural Guatemala) Please remember my offer next time you come to Guatemala. Sincerely, Carlos
CA USA
Reviewed 15 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

15 Apr 2013
Hi Dana,
I'm glad you made it home safe. Thanks for your comments about the house and myself. I really appreciate them. Please remember to keep in touch when you come next time to Guatemala. Sincerely, Carlos
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing