“Home sweet home”

Y tu Pina Tambien
Ranked #26 of 420 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: It's hard to describe the quaint charm and unexpected humor embedded in Y Tu Pina Tambien that makes it such a wonderful and comfortable place to spend a morning or afternoon. The menu is full of delicious brunch food, flavorful salads, satisfying sandwiches, strong coffee, Mezcal cocktails, unique smoothies, homemade pastries baked everyday and everything available gluten free or vegan! It's a great place to cure your hangover, study Spanish, catch up on emails, listen to great music, and last but not least make a new friend. The place attracts a great, eclectic local crowd and if you stop by you're bound to find yourself becoming part of the Pina family.
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

This place is a must for your stay in Antigua... they make you feel home and the food is amazing. Go and enjoy.... you will love it...

Reviewed May 23, 2018

The food and coffee are OK, but the fact that they speak English there and is a trendy cafe among foreigners does not quite qualify for a five-star review...

In fact, I was extremely surprised about the attitude of at least one some of the staff. Naturally, the English speaking girl that is there in the mornings... What an attitude!
I think she hates her job and it does show.... I imagine that there are plenty of local people that would be grateful to have that position instead of a person that is unhappy and has no clue of the concept of customer service.

There are better cafes with less attitude in the area.

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Y tu Piña También is a solid option in Antigua. There is nothing to distinguish it as exceptional but I've eaten there many times. The coffee is good, the food is delicious, and they have an interesting list of smoothies -- or you can design your own. One downside is the WiFi. It can be touch and go in Antigua but basically any other place in Antigua is better than here. I've struggled through it a number of times but it is more painful than it's worth.

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Sadly this place did not live up to expectations from various reviews. I liked its design - it was a cute and trendy cafe. However I found the food over priced for what it was. I had lunch and opted for a sandwich but suspect the breakfasts are better. It was very busy and only one server on duty so don’t expect to be served in a hurry! (I got up and got my own menu)

Reviewed April 30, 2018

This great little cafe was on my walk to my coworking location and opened earlier (7am) than most places. I would frequently get a latte or iced latte here (both very good), and breakfast. I loved the French toast with a hint of cinnamon. (The menu said it came with syrup and butter but I had to ask for the butter every time.) I also enjoyed the Egg Muffin, El Pinche Gringo, and Chapin Breakfast. They have sandwiches and salads but I only ate lunch there once (the Avocado Salad with chicken, which was good.) I really enjoyed their smoothies and the Tropical Storm was my favorite (I tried a few others but while good they kind of felt disappointing in that they weren't the Tropical Storm). My husband liked the Monkey's smoothie but I'm not a fan of chocolate and peanut butter together! :)