We got an excellent deal on this boutique hotel from Lastminute.com. I doubt we would have booked at the highish regular rack rate. But it’s a jewel of a place and we liked it a lot – it has very much the colonial private house feel. And we didn’t have any of the issues which have cropped up in earlier TA reviews. It is indeed five longish blocks from the centre, and more from the restaurants over the other side by the arch. But it’s still only ten-fifteen minutes, and seemed a well-lit and perfectly safe stroll to us. It was very quiet at night, even though our room was right on the street. And the room was actually large with a modern electronic room safe which worked fine. As for overall security the locked main door and buzzer entry is reassuring. Bed, bathroom, hot water (eventually) were all impeccable; in fact the linen, toiletries etc. were the best we saw in Guatemala. TV (even BBC World!) and wi-fi worked well. We weren’t able to sample the much-praised breakfast as we had very early starts on both our mornings there. We asked for substitute box breakfasts, and frankly at this class of hotel they could have made a bit more effort (just a brown bag with a Coca-Cola, a tired banana and a soggy cheese roll – not much to climb a volcano on!). Which cost them a fifth star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Encantada is Antigua's newest boutique hotel and exemplifies a small, elegant, understated hotel with the utmost in comfort and personal service. For the convenience of the international traveler, members of the staff are fluent in English, French and Spanish. Located in the historic city of Antigua, Casa Encantada features nine individually decorated guest rooms and a magnificent terrace suite. The breakfast-terrace and bar overlook the flowering gardens and private pool, which are nestled in a courtyard amidst hanging bougainvillea and towering shade trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Casa Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Encantada Antigua Guatemala
- Casa Encantada Hotel Antigua Guatemala