After a tiring trip from Lake Atitlan and a ride over Antigua's pretty but rough cobblestone streets, we felt relaxed the moment we walked into Casa Encantada. A sweet litttle boutique hotel with only ten rooms, it was more like someone's home than an inn. The living room is cozy and artfully decorated as are the very comfortable rooms and beautiful baths.The nicely landscaped roof garden with views of the city and volcanoes is a great place for beginning the day with breakfast or ending it with twilight cocktails. The multi-lingual staff was warm and welcoming, and after getting us settled gave excellent directions to points of interest. It's an easy ten minute walk to the main plaza with the requisite cathedral and governor's palace along with plenty of other worthwhile sites, shops and eateries. After a busy day of exploring, Casa Encantada was a lovely oasis to come home to. Our only regret was that we didn't have more time to spend there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Encantada is Antigua's newest boutique hotel and exemplifies a small, elegant, understated hotel with the utmost in comfort and personal service. For the convenience of the international traveler, members of the staff are fluent in English, French and Spanish. Located in the historic city of Antigua, Casa Encantada features nine individually decorated guest rooms and a magnificent terrace suite. The breakfast-terrace and bar overlook the flowering gardens and private pool, which are nestled in a courtyard amidst hanging bougainvillea and towering shade trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Encantada Antigua Guatemala
- Casa Encantada Hotel Antigua Guatemala