“Beautiful Little Place”
Review of Posada Landivar

Posada Landivar
Ranked #71 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed 28 August 2016

I loved the Posada Landivar, it's a beautiful little place. I had trouble finding suitable accommodation in Antigua: a place which was quiet, comfortable, yet also affordable. There seem to be too many expensive boutique hotels at the one extreme, and traveller hostels at the other. The Lonely Planet didn't help much, so I took to TripAdvisor and found this wonderful little Posada (Guesthouse) along with its very positive reviews. I would like to add another very positive review. The Posada Landivar is superbly located, only three blocks west of the Parque Central, and right opposite a huge supermarket called "La Bodegona". The room I had was extremely comfortable, and very quiet, being tucked away in a corner (Room 5) - though all rooms seemed very quiet and comfortable. I appreciated very much the quiet and unassuming nature of the management, who were also very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also delicious. I enjoyed my stay here, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable, friendly, central and affordable place to stay in Antigua.

Stayed: July 2016

Reviewed 13 December 2015

Stayed six nights and can highly recommend this hotel, especially for families. The upstairs rooms (with either 3 or 4 beds) each have a window opening out onto the indoor/outdoor courtyard.

The hotel is kept meticulously clean (I have seen the common area floors being cleaned twice and sometimes three times a day) as are the rooms. Our room was made up every day and half way through our stay the bedding was changed out completely, including the bed cover (and the shower curtain was changed as well). Big shower with no lack of hot water. Beds are comfortable.

This is a very quiet hotel even on the weekend when it filled up with people from Guatemala City spending a weekend in Antigua. And on the weeknights we stayed it was as though we were the only guests, if there were others we did not see or hear them.

The staff (some of whom are the family who own and live in the hotel) are friendly and helpful and the breakfasts, which seem to be on a four day rotation, were delicious, with the exception of the toast and fruit breakfast (the fruit part is great as is the jam but the wonder bread style dry toast could use a little work).

Highly recommended for those wanting a clean and quiet spot in Antigua. We will be happy to stay again if our travels bring us back to Antigua.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have more natural light.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2015

This hotel is the nicest hotel I've stayed at in of all my travels throughout Central America. The rooms are large and very clean, the bathrooms are super large! Biggest shower stall I've ever seen with excellent hot water! Seriously the BEST shower I've had since I left home 4 months ago. The beds are really comfy too. They have a good WiFi connection from the rooms, beautiful courtyards both on the main and second floor and offer free water as well. They have a laundry service, cable tv, are perfectly located near central park and across from a market, and offer travel services and use of a local phone. The owners are very helpful with any questions you might have and were also kind enough to break large bills I had into smaller change for me. They speak excellent English. The hotel is very quiet and we'll maintained, simply stunning. We had reservations for a double but when we arrived they were cleaning our room so they offered us a room with 3 double beds for the same price. We are sorry we have to leave but will be returning at the end of the week for another 2 nights stay. They also have security boxes as the front desk. I have stayed in many hotels in Antigua and this is the cheapest of them all and by far the nicest. Super happy with all aspects of this place, it's the only hotel I've had in Antigua with WiFi in the room and a real hot shower.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Belizeorbust2014
Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

This small simple hotel is runned by a local family. I was desperately looking for a room and they got me one right away for a very cheap price. Very friendly service, they helped me with organizing an airport shuttle. Breakfast included for just 25 uds a night. I'd definitely stay here again if I end up in Guatemala City again! I feel welcome and at home.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Enrica C
Reviewed 14 March 2015

We really enjoyed our one night stay! The grounds are lovely, offering beautiful fountains, flowers and ancient ambience. Our host was a kind and very sincere host. Breakfast was ready at our convenience and the staff were attentive and efficient. The cost was definitely on the steep side, but after being in transit for over 16 hours, the hot showers bed and the comfy bed made it so we could enjoy 11 hours of delightful sleep before embarking on our month-long foray into the delights of Guatemala! I would stay there again if the occasion ever arises.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank River J
Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

We found Posada Landivar since it was one of the few places you could book directly on the internet. It is well situated close to the parque central. It is clean and well looked after, but the accommodation is pretty basic. Breakfast is free but very simple, we found we needed to fill up elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Hotel landivar is a very nice, small hotel just around the corner 2 blocks east, from the central plaza. I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and its location and value are excellent. There is a well-equipped super market just across the road. A block away is an atm and a very nice shop to purchase wines from all over the world and specialist tobaccos. The room had a private bathroom with real hot water and a slightly more private toilet environment than all the other places I stayed in Guatemala and it also had cable TV. They lock the front door at approximately 10pm but you can come and go with no problem. The beds were clean, towels were provided and there was also a water dispenser outside my room. All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends