“Great service & food”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

The interior is really nice and has a great style. The service was very welcoming, friendly and laid back. The waiter was giving good recommendations and he was an expert in his field. I would recommend to trust his suggestions on food and wine. Defintelty would go again, all in all a great experience.

Reviewed September 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to try Tinita for lunch because of the TA reviews and were not disappointed. Although we got a bit lost on the way, when we finally found it it was amazing. We sat outside under the gazebo, and the waiter was so attentive and helpful right away. We shared the 4 cheese gnocchi for an appy (despite promising ourselves we'd avoid all Italian food while on vacation in Croatia), and I had the cheese plate and a salad for mains. My boyfriend had a fish dish (I don't remember exactly which one). All of it was amazing. I will remember that gnocchi my whole life. When we mentioned we were splitting it, it was brought out on two different plates but each seemed to have a full portion! I couldn't imagine someone eating it on their own as an appetizer! Their house white wine was the perfect addition, and we even had some room for dessert. Full meal, including wine and tip was under 35E, which for 2 young people living in Rome is a steal, especially given the quality and ambience. Honestly, one of the best meals I've ever had, and definitely the best in Split. Definitely go and have the life changing gnocchi!

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank Quaffley
Reviewed September 25, 2014

We did suffer, as noted in another review from items on the menu not being available. But what we did get was good, the quality of the food, wine and price were commendable. The restaurant has a very pleasant ambiance.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed September 22, 2014

Decided to go to this restaurant after reading the reviews. The atmosphere is pleasant. Prices are low. But started with the fact that when the wife chose a dish from the menu - it turned out that it does not exist. On the move selects the next - it either. Yes, the end of September, a Saturday evening - probably not the season for fish dishes, but can then delete these dishes from the menu that the client would not choose from time to time non-existent meals? I saw on the menu soup gazpacho - decided to give it a try. More disgusting gazpacho I have not eaten in my life. A mixture of tomato paste, water and oil. About grated tomatoes are not even going out of the question. I do not understand why spoil your reputation dishes that can not and do not want to cook. The rest of the dishes were good, but to call them "the best in Croatia and even in Split" I can not. The place is not recommend.

Date of visit: September 2014
1  Thank StanislavC_12
Reviewed August 29, 2014

This is the kind of restaurant we like: soft lights, nice wine cellar, kind personnel and good food . When we visit a new town we ask ourselves : where does the crowd go ? And we go opposite. This is how we found Konoba Tinita and you will be attracted by the epoch atmosphere. And then you have the pleasant surprise to meet Tonci. He's a brilliant person ! Professional and experienced , nice attention to guests. We never like to wait after our meal. It's the way we are: eat and leave. We don't like waiting too much for the bill . But this time we stayed much longer and had an enjoyable conversation. Thank you Tonci and our compliments one more time to the chef ! When in Split, we will come again !
Alina &Sorin