All reviews palace walls jupiter hotel hotel staff old city public parking hotel is situated fantastic location top floor reception luggage stairs heart croatia luxury
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

First let me start with the good : the location is great. It's right in the old city! Right in the palace walls. (Beware if you have a lot of luggage though! There are steep steps and lots of obstacles when you have large luggge and the directions to get to the hotel are a bit fuzzy).

The rooms and bathroom was clean. The decor was quirky but fun.

The bad : the staff was not very helpful. We booked directly through the hotel for the Jupiter side of the hotel (we preferred the decor) but instead were on the Diocletian side. Not a big deal, but when I asked the woman at the front desk she rolled her eyes and said "it's the same thing". (This was a heavier brunette woman.) additionally we were told there was only one iron in the entire hotel which also, was not true.

Breakfast was very limited. In all, this hotel was not worth the price tag. It was high season, and we were in the palace - but we expected more from a "luxury" hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sylviaspassport
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

A very disappointing hotel , we had 2 de luxe rooms and they were poor.
Small rooms with very low ceilings ( I could touch ceiling with my hand and I'm not tall) poor air con , ok wifi
The bed was comfortable and we slept well however an odd smell in the bathroom.
We had breakfast included, it was bad, served on a terrace, everything low quality, orange juice was like diluted squash, tap water and if you wanted bottled water you had to pay for it on de spot . We ate breakfast out after that first experience.
If you had a problem, wifi or with your room, forget it because reception were not going to help.
Getting to the hotel isn't easy but I figured it would be worth it , how wrong I was.!!!!
The mistake I made was not taking the negative reviews seriously so beware. On the other hand Split is lovely, lots to see and do with wonderful restaurants.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank veronicab142
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I was very disappointed with this hotel. It was by far the worst one we stayed in, while in Croatia. I appreciate that you have to pay a bit extra to stay right in the heart of the palace, but it really wasn't worth it.

The staff seemed almost irritated to have to deal with you. The rooms were very small, and not like the pictures on the websites. The aircon in our room was between the curtain and the window, so we had to leave the curtain open all night - not a big deal, but a strange place to put the air con, and it meant the room wasn't dark in the morning. I have to say the bed was very comfortable, which was great. The breakfast unfortunately was of a very low standard, and I really feel sorry for anyone who booked half board at this hotel.
We did have a beautiful bathroom, but very bizarrely there was a see through glass door and wall, between the bathroom and the bedroom! My husband and I thought it was funny - but it wouldn't be great on your first romantic weekend away as a couple!

If you are going to pay this much money for a hotel, I would recommend staying slightly out of the old town, and not wasting cash on this complete tourist trap.

Room Tip: We paid for deluxe double rooms - absolutely not worth it - there's no way the cheaper rooms could have been worse.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Member135
Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is situated not far from the main entrance into Diocletian's Palace. It is a fantastic spot for visiting the old town early in the morning and the evening when the crowds are less. The staff were fantastic. The rooms are a little small, though there is not much that can be done about that inside the old walls. Our room was also modern in style and not what we expected from the hotel's photos on its website. The bathroom was quite grand. It's probably best to have breakfast elsewhere. On balance, this is a nice hotel with a fantastic location, but somewhat pricey for what you get.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cliveWa
Reviewed July 17, 2017

My husband and I were very disappointed with this hotel. Obviously prices are high to stay inside the walls during the high season, but the Diocletian felt like an over- priced tourist trap. All of the furniture was fake and cheap and our room was incredibly small with one of the tiniest, hardest beds that I have ever experienced. It felt like we were camping inside for the bargain price of $300 a night. And drunk people were shouting in the hall until 4am like we were staying in a frat house. I recommend choosing one of the nicer hotels outside the walls. It will be less expensive and much more luxurious.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple