“A gem of a museum!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$23.28*
and up
1 Day Pass to Hop On Hop Off Sightseeing Bus from...
Ranked #57 of 186 things to do in Split
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

We decided to have a look at Split Museum as other museums were closed on Sunday afternoon and we were so pleased we did. Building itself is the star and it has been sympathetic restored which enhances the experience. Some odd and curious exhibits held our attention - good for a couple of hours and well worth a visit

All reviews
"costumes"
"explanation"
"stone"

Reviewed August 6, 2017

This museum contains a splendid collection from all periods of history of this great town - from ancient Roman excavations till modern times, and everything presented in an exc

Reviewed August 5, 2017

I wish that more places would do the audiotours. I think that it cannot be much more work than multilingual interpretive signs. The museum is a bargain, you can do the whole thing in an hour, or take advantage of the air conditioning. I recommend this as a good first stop to orient you to the rest of the old town.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

I wanted to go to one of the other two history museums, but it was Sunday so this was the only one that was open.

I was most interested in the Roman section of the museum, which was very insightful. I visited this museum at the end of my visit to Split and wish I visited it in the beginning because it did a very good job explaining the Roman history of the city which I could have used walking around.

All in all, I thought the museum was good on information and light on artifacts.