“Great food an professional staff!”
Review of Tavulin Bistro

Tavulin Bistro
Ranked #39 of 439 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Description: Recomended by Michelin guide for 2017 and 2018 and currently in contest for Croatian best restaurant
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Had just an hour for lunch and I am very happy that I choose Bistro Tavulin.
Great food and friendly staff for affordable prices. Can't recommend enough.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

The food was fine - a bland, overpriced offering the likes of which you can get in any restaurant in central Dubrovnik but certainly nothing to celebrate. Other than an overbearing and particularly vocal maître d' there is nothing in Tavulin that cannot be had elsewhere. We ate the once and never considered going back, there are better restaurants with more atmosphere to be had.

1  Thank Nigel R
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

I'll admit that we only popped in here having seen a handful of glowing reviews on TA! Ironically I'm now going to follow suit and say that we had a truly exceptional meal (mostly thanks to Dinko our waiter, and his young helper)

After visiting Split, Braj and Hvar over 6 days I had the impression that service with a smile, a warm reception or even some rapport building were alien concepts to Croatian hosts and waiting staff. Tavulin Bistro was a refreshing turnaround!

We loved the outdoor seating which was beautifully lit. Although the location is in a wide passage as opposed to a square, it had a really romantic feel.

Dinko was very attentive, knowledgable about wines and the timing of his service impeccable.

I had the Beef Gnocchi to start, probably the highlight of my entire Croatian food experiment if I'm honest. So rich and full of flavour, and a generous portion for a first course.

For mains we had The Duck and Pork Fillet. The former was faultless, perfectly cooked and seasoned with a perfect fruity sauce and red cabbage accompanying. The latter was a little on the plain side; whilst this allowed the flavour of the pork to come through, but I felt the mash and jus on top deserved a little more exposure.

Dessert was another mind expanding experience as good as the starter. A chocolate mousse with "muffin" crumbs on the edges. I've never had this combination of flavours and textures in a dessert and I found it to be utterly divine. Again, it was a generous portion - which always pleases me!

This fantastic food, delivered with so much care and attention from the staff really deserves some credit. I suspect that this restaurant may soon be in the "Dubrovnic Top 10" once a few more have been here and placed worthy reviews.

Very impressed!

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

I had the octopus which is a local dish and tried their local beer. Food is amazing. Croatians. Can not make beer. Local beer is not good. Food and service at the restaurant was excellent. Highly recommended

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We stopped by Tavulin for lunch during our week long visit in Dubrovnik. I have to say this was the best meal of our trip. We had the gnochi which was a light lunch but plenty for 2 greedy girls. The service was good; helpful and polite and our waiter recommended a lovely red wine to pair with the dish. Worth a visit.