“Good food, good service”

Marco Polo Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 438 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$13 - US$60
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hidden gem in the hearth of Old Town Dubrovnik!Restaurant Marco Polo is hidden in the hearth of the Dubrovnik Old Town, in a traditional courtyard of street called Lučarica. Small family restaurant is placed in a private and calm ambient and it offers oasis of busy streets to taste fish, meat and vegetarian specialties of the house.Here is the place where you can taste both traditional recipes from our grandmothers like mussels and seashells in traditional red or white sauce called ‘’Buzzara’’, traditional Black risotto or some of our modern dishes like Tuna Steak Precious Blue in sesame crust.Sharing our food and culture with people all around the world is inspiration for us. We use ingredients like Adriatic tuna, octopus, homemade anchovies, Croatian cheese, Oysters from Ston, extra virgin olive oil from Island of Korčula and lot of herbs to present you taste of our cuisine and culture.Accompanied with excellent Croatian wine, beer and homemade liquors be sure you will experience our past and future on a plate.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here when we first arrived in Dubrovnik. The prices were high, as to be expected in Dubrovnik old town, but portions were small and sides expensive. You’ll probably want to get a three course meal if you go here. The food was good, the chicken however lacked taste, which was disappointing considering the high cost of it. The service was excellent. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

I love this restaurant. It is nice and cozy, and tucked away in an alley 10 meters from the main street, so it is peacfull, without lots of people walking around your table. We ate kublaj khan steak and tuna,accompanied with great thurie salad. It is really my number one restaurant in Old city. Keep up the good work, see you again.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

I really love to eat tuna, and this is one of my favorite dishes in Dubrovnik. It was prepared a little bit different, with sesame seeds, and I loved it. My boyfriend had delicious scampi buzzara. Desserts were great, especially pear in the jar (again something different and tasty). Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. Recommendations from us and see you again.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Not to miss. I mean it. Tuna steak was really something special, tasty mmm... My friend likes meat, so he had a beefsteak which personally I regret that I didnt order, but next time for sure. Very friendly staff, especially a waiter, forgot his name, something on M i think, he was polite at its best. Thanks Marco Polo for exuisite evening

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

After wandering around the old town on a busy but cold evening and being turned away from many restaurants we were delighted to find Marco Polo, although the seating was outside it is in an enclosed courtyard with a canopy and heaters so did not feel the cold at all once inside the courtyard walls. Service was friendly and efficient, wine was excellent and we both had pork belly which was perfection with crispy crackled skin and lovely sweet potato mash.