US$183
US$259
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach towelslovely hotelcomfortluxurycroatiasea
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Outside of the city of Pula but on the beach (no sand, just pebbles), this is a nice hotel. No elevator but a nice room, very clean and our room had a private terrace but one without a view. I think this area is a good destination for those wanting to sit on a beach and swim in the sea. There was a private area for sitting with regular lounge chairs and some round couches with curtains-a little over the top-above the beach area. We thought the breakfast was overpriced for Croatia although we had it anyway and had eggs made to order and the usual fruit, bread, toast and cereal. The staff was nice. There was a little swimming pool on the top floor that was pleasant to use.

Room Tip: Room 13 has a private terrace but no view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have spend a nice weekend on the end of may and found this beautiful place Hotel Valsabbion.
Pefect location next to the beach, very nice service , very clean and very nice and miodern design.We highlly recomand this beautiful place to stay for a holiday.
Dont forget the Spa area on the top floor.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Me and my wife visited beautifull Istria and we found a small pearl close to city of Pula. Located on the beach everything is perfectly cared and we realy spent exellent two days in a small paradise. This is a "must" when you visit Pula, Croatia.

Room Tip: Sea view room is realy beautifull
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My wife and I toured around Croatia and we arrived in Pula after 6 one evening so without looking at reviews we decided to stay at the number 1 rated hotel. What a mistake.

I logged the address into the GPS and whilst we ended up close by we had trouble finding the hotel as it wasn't well sign written other than on the steps - we had to ask locals where it was.

The lovely lady on reception showed us the rooms available, there were 5 out of 10 and we chose the best that was large and had by good views of the sea. It cost €144 without breakfast and we said we would stay for 2 nights.

Within half an hour of lugging our suitcases up 2 flights of stairs because there was no lift, we realized we had mad a mistake and I told the staff we would leave in the morning - this was reinforced after I read the reviews on Tripadviser. Getting to the room meant going through 2 locked doors so when you went out you had to lock/unlock 4 times.

The decor of the rooms is 70's style, full of unneeded furniture, very dated and in need of a refurbishment. Whilst large and with a balcony, the bathroom was only 2 meters X 2 meters and there was nowhere to put your toiletries. There is only room for 1 person at a time and if you are large you would struggle in the small shower.

The wifi had poor reception and we had to sit on the floor by the door to Skype our family. I asked for tea making facilities and was told there were none.

After reading the reviews on the restaurant and seeing there was noone eating inhouse we decided to eat out. We also didn't eat breakfast at €15 each because in the morning we just wanted to be out of the hotel.

The lady at reception was very nice but I was surprised when I asked what there was to do in Pula she said she didn't know because all she did was go for walks with her baby.

This hotel is extremely poor value for money as it cost effectively €174 if you had breakfast. We had arrived after staying at a 5 star hotel in Debrovnik that cost €180 per night and it was 10 times better and had all the extras like swimming pool, health centre, gym, etc.

My strong advice would be to stay in Rovinji just 30 minutes away as we did and then day trip Pula. We moved to 5 star Hotel Lone for €150 per night including breakfast and this is soooo much better than Valsabbion.

Room Tip: Don't stay!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Grant196
Reviewed December 3, 2011

A beautiful oasis to be found at what seemed to be a residential area built around a beautiful cove. This hotel was just wonderful. For the gastronomic experience alone it was worth the trip. The food as well as the wait staff was superb. More professional waiters I have not yet come by! My husband and I spent hours over luxurious meals in a peaceful setting. We were there at the end of September and the weather was quite warm so we took advantage of the sea across the street. The rooms were beautiful and roomy with the sea views outside our large balcony. More of a very contemporary bed and breakfast. Cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. Just go!!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are just wonderful.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple