All reviews nice hotel really enjoyed our stay here nice room two nights enjoyable stay bars and restaurants hotel is located furnishings
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The Hotel Galija has very welcoming staff who set a very warm and hospitable tone to their establishment. Some rooms are in a block just across the street from reception, and if possible you should book the room called "Nicol', tucked away next to room 21. The decor and furnishings here are a mix of art-nouveau and gothic, but the double bed is just as comfortable as a modern one, and the modern bathroom is faultless. I did not stay long enough to sample more of the hotel's facilities, but the breakfast buffet was excellent. Just down the hill from the hotel and turn right then right again will bring you to the Arena ; down the hill, across the crossroads and you are in a market square, with a supermarket up the slop to the left, close to the main road. In the other direction from the market is the pedestrianized street which leads you to the Arch of Sergei and beyond that, to the Forum. I would willingly stay at the Galija on any future visit to Pula.

Room Tip: For something unusual, ask for the room called "Nicol"
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel was recently renovated. It has large clean rooms and friendly staff. It is close to all the tourist attractions - you can walk everywhere. The staff were friendly and its easy to park the car

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed in the part of the hotel which was across the road from the reception area. It was sort of alright as rooms go but nothing special. However the location is convenient and felt very safe at night. Breakfast seemed a bit odd - there were no staff around so I went behind the bar to get my own cup and glass.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel is located near the city's center but please know that it is a 10-15min drive to a beach, I was not clear on that. After arriving I was given my room right away, the room had 2 single beds and I requested 1 queen. I went back to the front office and they immediately fixed the situation. I ran into a few other small issues while staying at the hotel and I will say I was very impressed at how lovely the girls at the front desk were. They always made sure that I was well taken care of and after being in Berlin where customer service was non existent, this was a nice welcome change.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Good location but hardly any service at the Reception. All the staff were engaged running the restaurant primarily. We called one to the Reception desk, she gave us the keys and that was about it. Any further questions, we found them either in the restaurant or the kitchen. We asked some basic touristy questions and were told to ask at the town's Tourist Information...
The Reception was about a 3x4 sq m area with hardly any info leaflets nor did it feel welcoming.
We had 2 rooms - the double was OK, not well furnished; the top floor twin was so very tight. The Reception assured us our rooms were nearby. They were in fact consecutive room numbers but on different floors.
Each had a bank of 3 identical switches together for the bathroom, none identified: one for the light, one we didn't know and one we worked out through chill showers that it was for the water boiler!
Room rate excludes "city tax" which we knew about and was alright, but there was a charge of 4x15kn for "registration". Whose charge?
At breakfast, they ran out of forks, cups and milk at the same time, but we had to ask and wait for forks to be washed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family