“Sweet, handy”
Review of Hotel Galija

Hotel Galija
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Pula
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Sweet little hotel, rather clean, close to Pula amphitheater and City Center. They know their advantages (being in the center) and this is how hotel behaves. Not very flexible. Breakfast is ok for 3 stars hotel, but you have to come little bit earlier in order to get better selection. They have two buildings - ask for the room in the new building, they are really nicely decorated. They have issue with the smell of sewerage but I guess it is the problem of all bulidings in the city center. Good for one or two nights stay in Pula.

Room Tip: Ask for the new building
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Blondy2014

Reviewed 12 June 2017

The hotel was first class and Victoria on reception was excellent.The rooms,breakfast and central but quiet location,decor and staff were first class.We were cycling but stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.

Room Tip: go back again! its a good hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is fine if you want a budget stay here in Pula. There is no view at all, so don't expect one. This is the most unusual hotel, in that half the rooms are across the road in another building! Weird. The wifi is good. The staff were good. The breakfast is a little bit ordinary, ie there is fruit, but it's bruised and the apple I took was floury. There was lots of white bread but only half a stick of brown bread. Having said that though, there was yogurt, cereal, eggs, cheese, ham, cakes etc so you will find enough to keep you full. The towels in my room were old and scratchy; pretty awful really. Water pressure in the shower was great, but the shower cubicle is small and you bump your elbows trying to clean all parts of your body! The furnishings in the room are very dated, but that's not something that bothers me so I didn't care. I only stayed one night, but if you were looking to stay here longer than that, and you like a bit of luxury, this isn't the place for you.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2017

I knew nothing about Pula but I was in Venice and had a couple of extra days with a rental car so I decided to explore the Croatian coast. Unfortunately, I visited in January and I found very little to do in the city.

Hotel Galija is located in the center of the city in easy walking distance to the Roman theatre. I had some difficulty finding the hotel because my GPS dropped out as soon as I got to Pula. Parking is difficult in the city so it was necessary to find street parking and walk a long distance to the hotel. Fortunately, the local people were very friendly and although they didn't speak English one young man guided me through the narrow streets to the hotel. Hotel Galija has a parking lot so I was able to move the car after checking in.

The room was adequate, although it was overpriced compared to the other hotels on our trip. The hotel is quite small and I think we the only guests that night. I wondered how the hotel was able to survive during the off season. The staff was very nice and welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dickersn
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as part of a self drive tour in September. From looking at other reviews we may of struck it lucky as our room was very spacious. It was quite kitschy but also charming and quirky. More important it was clean and functional. Receptionists were good, breakfast good. We didn't get a parking space but the city parking fees were acceptable. Good location and Pula is a fantastic town to roam and explore. We all hope to come back and I would stay here again. Thanks for the great stay

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2016

We were in a group and it was a bit of a lucky dip as to which side of the road your room was on. To close the curtain in our room required climbing over the bed. The side table draw could not be opened to the bed jammed in a very small space. On arrival there were very few staff and we had to drag our bags up the stairs. Entering the room we discovered 3 lights not working. To their credit they did replace a light bulb in the main overhead light. Breakfast was OK but nothing startling. Others in our party scored to new hotel on the other side of the road. Very modern quirky room but the sewerage smell was unbelieveable. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy ! |The restaurant was passable but understaffed as was the hotel. The receptionist ran across the road to assist in the restaurant

Room Tip: Ask for the "new" rooms and hope the sewerage is working
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Galija is very charming hotel in a city center. Historic house is converted to a small hotel. Rooms are comfortable and nicely designed. Breakfast is good. Hotel has a parking garage as well but it is necessary to do a separate reservation for a parking as they have only 14 places. All in all very good choice for short staying in Pula

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Leo P
Galija1991, General Manager at Hotel Galija, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Leo, thank you very much for such a nice description of our family hotel. It was very nice having you and all of the Hotel Galija staff wishes you all the best, Ana.