Sergey Tsarapora Yalta and Crimea Private Tour Guide
Review Highlights
Yalta - South Coast of Crimea jewel

Yalta - resort town on the southern coast of Crimea. Yalta is located in a spacious natural... read more

Reviewed March 26, 2018
CRIMEA_TRAVELS
Crimea
The many mountains and water

Beautiful sleepy town full of relics and monuments. The cat mountain is eye catching ,not to talk... read more

Reviewed June 28, 2016
funmi98
lagos

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I began contacting Sergey over 6 months before we were going to Ukraine. Lots of time to make arrangements for 20 of us. We did 3 tours with Sergey and Natasha. Sevastopol, a military tour for part of the group and a full day tour for the rest of Sevastopol. Unbelievable tours, I cannot give enough praise for the history, information and care given to the group. Both guides were early and waiting for us. Their passion for their country and it's history was very apparent. We would all love to go back and see what else there is to see. We toured all day the next day in Yalta, it exceeded our expectations. I have organized many tours for ourselves and others. These two guides were exceptional, terrific English, prompt with emails and responses. They could not have been more helpful. Made allowances for those with some disabilities. Drivers were very good also. You will not find better guides for your tours in Yalta and Sevastopol. Hopefully we will go back again to Ukraine, hopefully to tour again with Sergey and Natasha.

2  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We secured Sergey's guides for both Yalta - Zhenya and Sevastopol - Helena; well in advance. Through a series of emails (Sergey was always very prompt to reply) laid out the sites we were interested in and the requirements of our diverse group. I provided a deposit thru Western Union; easy. Both guides have a vast knowledge and love for their region, good english and pickup / drop off dock side were on time, went smoothly
Sevastopol
Had a v pleasant walk thru the old town, great visit to the 5 C BC Greece site of Chersonesus, out to Balaklava with a lunch (I insisted on buying for Helena, too) on the waterfront and then to the submarine pens. Helena was v sensitive to our needs, provided basic information and then easily handled our stream of questions.
Yalta
Started with a visit to the cathedral then to Vorontsovsky and Livadia Palaces. We had requested a lunch stop at a small local Crimean restaurant (someplace Zhenya would go with friends) but the only place she would consider was a tourist one, the Swallow's Nest; likely fine with a good view but not the experience our group was looking for. So we opted to end the tour early and return to the ship. It felt that Zhenya wasn't in tune with our small group. That she had a script to get through and she overwhelmed us with information that we started to tune-out. The Yalta coast roads are v windy, crowded, narrow and slow. From inside the van, one doesn't get to appreciate the scenery and several in our group were feeling unwell due to this motion. On our return to the ship we drove a main inland road which I would recommend for both directions.

Both tours were priced on an hourly rate so settling the fee was handled simply; hours (we rounded up) * rate and I provided a generous tip for the guide to share with the driver. I would not hesitate recommending Sergey's services.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I made contact with Sergey several months before arriving in the Ukraine on a cruise of the Black Sea. In all of my contact with Sergey he has been very professional and I cannot thank him enough for all of his trouble firstly when the cruise ship had to change port dates due to rough weather and secondly when we were in Yalta the Captain called everyone back to the ship for an early sail and Sergey contacted our guide to get us back onto the ship. Our tour guide spoke good english and we found the tours very interesting. The lunch stop was great with a little bit of help with the language barrier!!! I would recommend when touring the Ukraine it is best to do a tour. I found that doing a private tour you covered alot more than the ship tours. I highly recommend Sergey and his team and thank him for all of his help.

1  Thank AdelaideJulie
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Oct 2013 cruise stop - and a group of 11....we contacted Sergey, he responded promptly and helped us put together an agenda that met everyone's interests and accomplished a lot during our one day visit! Luba was our guide, we had a large comfortable Mercedes van and got started at 8AM......Luba's English was perfect, she did her best to satisfy everyone's interests, she shared her knowledge about everything we saw..... would we all recommend Sergey and his team? ABSOLUTELY! he's the BEST!

1  Thank evetsmd
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were in multiple contact over the last few months on our tour. The English was good and after paying a deposit for two days of tours we were good to go. Our guides were on time, our vans were beautiful, and our tours were wonderful.

Visiting the Ukraine is interesting but also challenging. Bribes are common so sometimes you get places and things are unexpectedly closed for VIP's etc....you must work within the system....similar in Russia. We are very experienced travelers and understand this. So when we docked, we had lists of what we wanted to see however knew that if something else was going on, we were going to need to be flexible. Thus is travel

All items on our lists were met. Our guides were excellent and gave a wonderful overview of the country and history etc. I believe both of them had studied history so we enjoyed their commentaries immensely.

Our vans were spotless, our drivers excellent and we were back on our ship on time and very satisfied. Sergey exceeded our expectations and we would book with him again. And we LOVE to travel.

Enjoy and a tip is that the weather can change quickly so always have a jacket or sweater....

Safe travels! NYC