“excellent trip in crimea”

Sergey Tsarapora Yalta and Crimea Private Tour Guide
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in Yalta
More attraction details
Owner description: Private guides of Sergey Tsarapora offer group and private tours in Yalta - Sevastopol and Odessa with individual timing and tailored themes. Private guides will show you Yalta, Sevastopol, Balaclava, Livadiya, Massandra, Alupka, Bakhchisaray. We can suggest you a personalized program in accordance with your interests, wishes, profession, age, number of people, mobility, and/or time frame, to the known and secret sites. Where else can you sit in Stalin's armchair on the terrace of the palace once owned by Prince Yusupov, who was married to a Russian Tzar niece and was an assassin of Grigori Rasputin, the favorite of a Tzar’s wife? Nowhere but here! We shall take you to the places with the stories of their own, visited by Anton Chekhov, Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain), Leo Tolstoy, Alexander Pushkin, Sergey Rachmaninoff, Joseph Stalin, Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill. You will see the land of 2.500 years of history of European and Muslim civilizations. You will be impressed by multiformity of architecture styles in Crimea, by beauty of its scenery, by richness and significance of its historic and cultural heritage that we shall be delighted to help you to discover. Sincerely, your private guide Sergey Tsarapora.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I started to live in yalta for one year.I want to see other cities with my colleagues.We met him for trip to bachesaray with my friends.He organized car and guide for us.And When I need car for going Simferepol airport,he helped me.When my family came to Yalta for visiting me.I was working a lot and he organized trip for them.He is friendly , very good guide and professional one.Really excellent!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had high expectations but were disappointed at the delivery of our excursion. We were part of a small party of 10-12 persons that booked a private tour with Sergey for our visit to Yalta by cruise ship. We had expected to be guided by Sergey himself, but we were given a young woman to lead us.

The trip we booked was a full day excursion, which we believed would take us to Sevastopol for a drive-thru, followed by the site of the Battle of Balaclava & the Panorama Museum, a quick look at the former Balaclava submarine base, then a coastal drive back to Yalta via Foros, Swallows Nest, Livadia & Memorial Hill.

However, we never went to Sevastopol or the Panorama Museum, which I expected to be the highlight for me. The site of the Battle was represented by the Russian War Memorial, but only the Panorama Museum would have enabled one to take in the scene with any meaning.

We then proceeded to the waterfront of Balaclava, which was quite picturesque. However, we were then herded into the submarine base that is now a naval museum, which none of us were particularly interested in. This visit took out 45 mins. The guide failed to bring the place to life and the few exhibits only had Cyrilic descriptions that nobody could understand. A walk through the tunnels, including the underground canal through which submarines would have been brought was of some interest, but nevertheless tedious.

Over lunch we challenged our guide as to why we spent time at a place we hadn't asked for, but were denied the place we all wanted to visit. She said she was under strict instructions from Sergey and was not permitted to deviate. We later saw Sergey who implied there was not time to do what we wanted - however, it was he who had originally proposed the tour that we booked!
Further, he was leading another group from our ship who saw the whole itinerary - albeit foregoing lunch, which we too would have gladly done!

Lunch itself was a fiasco. We were taken to a local waterfront restaurant in Balaclava and the staff seemed completely unused to dealing with Western groups. The food was edible but pretty uninspiring! There was dispute and confusion as to what we could have, confusion over whether we could pay for extras in dollars/euros - they expected Ukranian money. And our guide seemed to totally lose control and seemingly gave up on our group for the rest of the day, becoming rather quiet and only speaking, when asked a question.

The afternoon took us back along the coast towards Yalta - a drive that could have been more interesting if our guide had described the area we were passing. We stopped at a lookout below Forus Church to take pictures from a distance. There was no opportunity to get up close or to visit. We then proceeded to the outskirts of Yalta, to a lookout over the town. This was pretty and also atmospheric, as being a Saturday there were several local wedding groups that had gone there for photos. It was fun.

Then we proceeded to the Livadia Palace for a visit. Again our guide's explanations were hard to follow and after a while I switched off. Maybe I shouldn't compare, but I couldn't help paralleling this place with the grand palaces of St Petersburg, which we had visited the previous year. There was little in the way of beautiful artifacts and being from a different era, Livadia was quite plain and ordinary.

Our last visit of the day was Swallows Nest, which again we were only able to view from afar, from a lookout.

On this cruise we went to various cities and countries and had some exciting an interesting excursions - sadly, this was the least of them.

4  Thank Roger R
ChrisShaul, Manager at Sergey Tsarapora Yalta and Crimea Private Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

We do understand that different people even within the same group can have different interests.
Two small groups were formed right on board by tourist coordinators, respectfully two different excursion programs were ordered by ship tour agents.
The coordinator of the group mentioned, didn’t include the Panorama museum and Sevastopol city tour, but strongly insisted on lunch in Balaklava restaurant as the group wished.
The coordinator of the second group vice versa ordered Sevastopol visit but refused from lunch in Balaclava for the sake of seeing more during the excursion. This group was provided with lunch boxes.
As for us, we just performed both programs precisely and accurately to the order that we had received for both groups.

We suggest that it is indispensable to be very attentive when discussing and coordinating programs with your on-board tour agents. There are more than 100 popular tourist attractions in Yalta, Sevastopol and Balaclava which are spread for approximately 95 kilometers along the coastline, and it’s obviously impossible to see all of them within one day.

We are ready to provide all the correspondence about the program preparation for both groups, coordinators from the client side's names, their addresses and telephone numbers and also the programs that were finally made with direct tour agents’ participation.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I spent a fabulous day with Sergey in Yalta. As it was the first time I had depended on online references, I was a little nervous. All worries were put to rest when we met Sergey and our driver. He was extremely professional, making good use of our time, guiding us around large tour groups to see all the highlights of Yalta and more. He was an excellent teacher, imparting to us his knowledge of the history as well as the present day culture and politics of the area. We ended the day feeling enriched and saying good-by to a new found friend.

2  Thank Melinda M
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our seven-hour day in Sevastopol and Yalta with Sergey's wonderful guide, Inna, was excellent! Inna was enthusiastic, friendly, knowledgeable -- a delightful guide in all respects (and she knew where the best bathrooms were!). In addition to praising Inna herself, I want to note two examples of Sergey's superb courtesy and service. (1) We had heard of Sergey on some on-line forums before sailing but hadn't followed up until we were actually on our cruise, when I started e-mailing him from the ship, about ten days before our day in Sevastopol. We were able to make all the arrangements in this way, by a series of a dozen or so e-mails; he proposed several routes with estimated time-frames, and he even accommodated our last-minute change (final tour: Yalta (Livadia Palace), Battle of Balaklava (Light Brigade), Soviet submarine base, Panorama). It was really impressive that he did this on relatively short notice, and with no problems; Inna was there at the ship to meet us (six of us) with car and driver exactly as we had arranged. (2) Half an hour after we returned to the ship I got a call from the guard at the gangway: one of our group had left a backpack in the car; Viktor, the driver, had found it; and Sergey himself had delivered it to the ship -- with not much time to spare before our departure! And then -- he even followed up by e-mail to make sure we had received it! We felt very fortunate to have had Inna as our guide and to have experienced such wonderful service from Sergey himself.

2  Thank Ellen H