“The best spaghetti I had!”
Review of Konoba Roma

Konoba Roma
Ranked #30 of 112 Restaurants in Kotor
Cuisines: European
Reviewed October 21, 2016

We came upon this charming restaurant while exploring the maze of alleys around the city walls. My friend ordered a meat dish, but I decided on the seafood spaghetti. It was so delicious!! I rarely finish pasta dishes, but I did this time!!

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for early lunch and we were not disappointed! Our waitress was very friendly and service was great! There were tables inside as well. But glad we chose outside. Best omelet for husband and I had a wonderful simple cheese sandwich on very thin freshly made bread. Only thing, portions were huge! We had a couple lattes and we're ready to stay lost in maze for awhile longer. My last picture is of mountains from restaurant. Just to show that these mountains literally surround city. Beautiful setting!

Reviewed September 27, 2016

We came across this place on one of our first nights in Kotor, just because it happened to be right around the corner of our hostel. It's located on a small, scenic and quieter square than most of the old town which is a plus. We only grabbed drinks here which were reasonable priced, making this place just perfect to grab a couple of drinks before getting off to bed.

After about 3 nights, the waitress joked around a bit with us and had learned our orders by heart.

Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

Away from the main square in old city. We had crepes (savory) and the local beer, Nik. Locals eat here. A satisfying meal.

Reviewed September 27, 2016

Nice location in a square, although the restaurant was showing football on an outside screen which was a bit off-putting, thankfully with the sound down. Our waiting was lovely and service good,
The food: my partner quite enjoyed his fish main, but the 'unusual salad' was a disappointment, with shredded lettuce and a few walnuts topped with grated bland cheese. My stuffed aubergine main was pretty much inedible - it had been advertised as with parmesan, but consisted of under-roasted and bitter aubergine (very difficult to cut through) with some vegetables absolutely smothered in a tasteless, gooey cheese. The meal was under-seasoned and bland.
I patiently waited for the waiter to ask how everything was, and when he eventually did I explained that the meal was very disappointing and that I couldn't eat it. He took it away and I expected to be offered something else, sadly I wasn't.
When we paid for the meal we expected to see the inedible meal, with the gooey tasteless cheese instead of parmesan, removed from the bill. It wasn't. We queried it and the waiter explained that the owner said that as we hadn't notified him of the problem meal we were entitled to no refund. We explained that we had notified the waiter at the first opportunity, but the owner apparently wasn't budging.
We do not recommend this restaurant, because of the very poor attitude of the owner and because if the poor, not as advertised, food.