All reviews dark corridors close to the hotel major sights min walking distance excellent location old town double room glazing refrigerator heart bath
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

If you decide to spend a weekend here then be warned. The hotel is next to a night club.

I was staying on the third floor, and enjoyed the loud techno music until 6am on Sunday morning.

Not what I had looked forward to dir no my 2 day visit to Plovdiv.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2018

It's a well run and solid three star hotel. The staff are friendly but low key. They keep out of your way but do their jobs effectively. Friendly staff on reception and efficient cleaners. I booked a few months ahead and it was fantastic value. It is not in the Old Town, but in the central shopping area , a brilliant location: some of the Roman sites are just a few minutes walk away, and the Old Town is also easily reached on foot.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

The most terrible stay in Plovdiv for my family. Top center hotel with terrible rooms-old and broken furniture. Staff is absolutely unhelpful. Terrible internet wich was dropping all evening. We complain many times but there wasn't somebody to help. When we ask for owner-answer was just - we can't tell you. For top center it's unbelievable how old base hotel is it and how terrible service. Dirty bathroom without soap and plastic doors. Unbelievable... never again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Didone84
Reviewed January 5, 2018

I knew this was a budget hotel when I booked it so my expectations were never high. The decor of the place is massively dated and hygiene - questionable. What I couldn't put up with, even for my short stay, were rooms and corridors that are freezing cold in the middle of winter and stink of urine. We wasted over an hour with the receptionist trying to switch rooms and "upgrade to a luxury room" (paying extra for the privilege to stay in a habitable room, of course) in the hope that the conditions would be at least tolerable for a night. The aircon still wasn't working despite receptionist trying for over half an hour to get it to work. My patience was wearing thin by this point so I quickly found alternative accommodation but when I asked for our money back I was told that I couldn't have it back as it's the 'hotel policy'. When I asked to speak to a manager the receptionist told me that I'd have to do it over the phone... on his mobile, so he dialled a lady who claimed to be the office manager who once again, very unhelpfully reiterated that 'the hotel policy' doesn't allow them to issue refunds even when the conditions are considered unacceptable by the guest. This went on for a while, a classic 'computer says no' case, so I walked out without a refund, going to a much nicer hotel up the street and having a lovely stay. Appalling hotel, appalling customer service... do yourself a favour and stay elsewhere!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank evalicious
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

The location of the hotel is excellent. You are literally at the pedestrian street in the city. Basically all main tourist sights are at a walk-by distance, and than there is a taxi station nearby. The hotel doesn’t have its own parking, so it is better to use the nearby paid one.

All staff members were polite and friendly, helpful as well when needed.

Rooms were small but clean. Although renovated, they seem somehow oldish already. Clean bathrooms with showers only (which I like better) but not spacey. Clean towels and sheets. WiFi was average. No breakfast option inside, if willing, one has to go to the next door cafés.

Overall, if you are traveling on a budget, this hotel would be a suitable choice, but please do not expect much, as you are only paying for a bed&bath.

Date of stay: October 2017