All reviews old town main building historic hotel welcome drink old style old world charm private house unique experience lovely hotel cobbled street spent two nights stayed longer great restaurant room was large museum furniture century
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

The historical hotel is located at the heart of Old Town. It is nice to walk around the Old Town and return to the hotel for some rest.
We stayed in a private house with 2-bedrooms. The room is fine but it was really cold even in this time of the year.
The heaters were not enough to make the room hot.
The restaurant was fine for the breakfast and dinner and we liked what we have.
I tried the soups and they were tasty. The kinoa tabbule was perfect.
Definitely I advice the place but beware of the cold.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank demirhansener
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Hebros hotel is a 19th century historic house. It is located in the center of historic Plovdiv along a pretty winding cobbled street. It is as beautiful as many of the historic houses one can visit in Plovdiv, so on one level it is wonderful to stay there. However, one ne can see that the hotel has known better days and that it is not kept the way it should be. For example, one back courtyard/ back entrance, which is not used any longer, is filled with pieces of wood, debris etc. The rooms are stately and full of charm but the historic furniture is not super comfortable, although we did find the bed comfortable enough. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. In conclusion if you are looking for a modern hotel, Hebros is not for you. If you are looking to stay in a historic place full of charm and personality, you will enjoy your stay at Hebros hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We don't stay in many old homes, but couldn't pass up the opportunity in Plovdiv's old town. Our room was spacious with characteristic period furniture. Although the furniture wasn't so comfortable, it was still a fun stay for a night or two to get the feeling of living in one of these lovely period homes. The staff was also very professional and the hotel was in a great location near the other sites in the old town. Our only complaints were that the bathroom had a bit of a sewer smell (we kept the door closed, so we wouldn't smell it) and it took a bit too long to get a response to email when we were making our reservation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2018

We were really looking forward to staying at this historic hotel in the center of Plovdiv. The description and the pictures from the website look really good. We had reserved a large double room which we understood was going to be one of the best in the hotel...However, moments after checking in we could not help to be very perplexed about what we were getting.....We were given the so called « garden room » which is nothing like what was described in our reservations. First, it is located outside the main building in some sort of an annex in the back of the garden. To get there you have to use a small inside dark corridor, no lights were working at night which means we had to use our phone screen go get some brightness to figure out where the key went. All around is broken pieces of wood, debris, etc. Once in the room, you can’t help but notice the very strong smell, coming from the bathroom, almost like open air sewage...just unbelievable. The room itself was very uncomfortable, no good seats, bad bed, terrible pillows, freezing.....or if you put on the portable heater, then too warm and dry.....and always that stench coming out of the bathroom. No coffee facilities in the room, no English Channel on TV, non descriptive toiletries.......nothing that would come even close to the 5 star hotel they are pretending to be. We decided there is no way we were going to stay for the pre-arranged 2 nights, and told the reception on that same night. This is the worst room we’ve had in a very long time.....On the positive side, they did refund us the cost of the second night, however this had already ruined our stay in Plovdiv and I think they should have offered us compensation.

Room tip: Avoid the garden room!
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I live in the US and once every couple of years I bring family and friends to this hotel specifically for the unique experience of staying in a truly restored 19th century Plovdiv house. This last time I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that my reservation although confirmed for the hotel was actually in a modern house next door which has absolutely nothing to do with the ambiance and experience of the hotel. I don’t comprehend why the lady who took my reservation over the phone did not find it necessary to specify that we basically will not be staying at the hotel. Disappointed upon arrival is an understatement. I have one day I can dedicate to Plovdiv every few years and had I known I cannot have the usual accommodation, I would have prepared in advance or simply not go.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hebr0s, Administrator at Hebros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Dear Tina B,

I apologize for the caused inconvenience and mislead and also that you are not happy with the hotel reservation. During our conversation over the phone, you said you wanted to reserve an apartment with two separate rooms, but for that date, when booking three days earlier, the hotel capacity was already fully reached. The only way to satisfy your wish to stay at the hotel was to offer you the room in question, which I warned you to be in an annex building out of the hotel parts. I'm sorry that the situation has not been as you expected, and most sincerely apologize for it. I hope that in the future we will avoid such misunderstandings and meet you again.

Wishing you all the best!
Kristi Georgieva