“The best tripe soup in town!”

Kon Tiki Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 197 Restaurants in Sibiu
Cuisines: Romanian
Reviewed April 21, 2017

My friends told me about this restaurant and even it is not placed central I decided to find and and to eat there because I have heard it has the best tripe soup in town. And indeed they do!
Is not very hard to find the restaurant and even if it does not look elegant at all, the food is delicious.
Beside tripe soup, we tasted also the chicken soup and it was also great!
The portions were so big, I really did not expected to be served so much.
The prices are ok and the service is good.

1  Thank Gabriela G

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

The belly soup (ciorbă de burtă) at Kon Tiki is very popular among locals. Every time I am in Sibiu I eat this soup and it's always delicious. The service is good as well, but I am not giving 5 stars because the place itself is not very appealing. Anyway, if you don't care about the look you should definitely try it.

1  Thank Andrei-DK
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Cheap and simple, but very good food. It was full when we arrived but the staff was very welcoming so we decided to wait. It was a good decision.

Reviewed April 6, 2017

This simple, unpretentious and cheap restaurant serves huge portions of really great home cooked romanian traditional food. If you are a smaller person like me, a portion of tasty soup with sour cream and bread will be enugh for a whole meal. I heard they are famous for their tripe soup, but as I don't like it, I can not confirm, but their meatball soup (ciorba de perisoare) is really amazing. The mamaliga with local cheese is definitely the best one I ever had in a restaurant. And it is really cheap!

1  Thank VAlettah
Reviewed February 16, 2017

As I've heard many opionions about the tripe soup served in this restaurant, I decided as well to try it for the first time and I can say it was very good.
The service was frendly and the prices are so low that can even shock you.
As we were a large group, we had the food served in the events hall in the pension, as the restaurant was quite busy and small.