All reviews restaurant upstairs main town panoramic view deluxe room nice pool new building very nice hotel on foot rooms are big bed was comfortable star hotel city mountains minibar taxi km
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Hotel emailed us shortly after the deadline for cancellation had expired, to inform us that there would be a wedding taking place on our last night. Understandable, but unacceptable to inform us of this 3 days before our stay, when clearly they have known for long. Simply bad manners.

We were located in room 25 and 26, 2nd floor and right below the restaurant. Extremely noisy, not only during the wedding, but also during regular service of people choosing to small talk in the hall when passing to and from the resto, only separated by one glass door from the rooms. In particular because there's only one elevator to and from the restaurant, and many choose to take the stairs.

Hotel is of good standard, although a bit worn. Bathrooms are horrible (!) and nowhere near the standard of a 4 star hotel. Be aware that the indoor pool is in a fully separate building across the street.

Staff was helpful and maid service excellent.

Overall not a 4 star stay, nor a 4 star hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Great location, spacious rooms, very good gym, and a nice pool. We celebrated a wedding at the Belvedere Events location which was absolutely great.
I booked the hotel via expedia which charged me at the date of booking. At checkout I was asked to pay again.
After paying (again) I checked online my account and went back to the desk to reclaim my second payment. The employee claimed that they never got any money from expedia and as they would always receive only the reservation. I was able to prove everything, I had the account statement as well as the mail from expedia with the payment instructions. After I called expedia and 45 mins the employee found some to confirm the initial payment. Something like that never happened to me.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2018

We spent 4 nights at the Belvedere. Our room was very spacious and so was the bathroom. There's a balcony, lot of power outlets, good lighting and air conditioning.
Staff were very helpful with all sorts of things, and service in general was good. The view is nice too.

This sums up the good things, as the rest of it wasn't that great.
Starting with the location - driving distance from the city center with all the parking issues there. This was a known issue in advance and a decision taken against my advice, but nonetheless an inconvenience, in our case at least.

The room also had its issues - wifi never worked despite attempts made by the staff, and we used our local sim as hotspot instead. There were no coffee making facilities, so we had to go up to the restaurant for that. The mattress was just ok and there were a few other small things that added up. And in another room our party stayed at, storage space was limited, especially in the bathroom.

We had dinner at the restaurant upstairs once and can highly recommend it, but we did not try breakfast so cannot comment on that.

All in all, it was an average plus experience, and not one I'll go out of my way to recommend.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Spent one night in a room which was large but not that well equipped. Couldn't use the balcony as it looked as if it had not been cleaned for several weeks. Reception staff had different ideas about customer service some good others not! Pool etc., is in another building which is not ideal. Sauna was only switched on when we asked and therefore never reached temperature. Couldn't get any drinks served to us on the terrace despite asking at both restaurant and reception. Food was good in the evening, however staff were not particularly friendly and in the morning breakfast room is a flight of stairs away from the seating, therefore you have to walk up and down stairs carrying coffee, cereal etc., not ideal! Probably would not stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Hello everyone,
Although I am from Brasov, I always wanted to stay at this hotel, at least once, so I did. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are big and very comfortable, the views are stunning. Complemented with a top restaurant, it is a lovely place to spend some quiet nights, enjoy the views and the good food.

Room tip: Select a room with a view, it is worth it!
Date of stay: July 2017