“A Decent Stay”
Review of Delta Hotel

Delta Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tulcea
Reviewed 24 September 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a Travelsphere tour of Romania.

The bedroom was clean, if not a little large. We had a double room on the 3rd floor overlooking the entrance of the hotel. Despite this being near the main road, noise wasn't a issue. The bed was quiet high which could prove a problem to the less able but nevertheless it was comfortable. Air conditioning worked well. The bathroom wasn't the best but the shower worked well. There was a wardrobe containing a safe and 2 gowns. I never used the safe so can't comment on this but the gowns can be used for the spa area of the hotel (more on this later).
The restaurant served buffet style meals and food was topped up on a regular basis. The view from the restaurant was directly over the Danube river.
The Spa area on the ground floor was available to all hotel visitors but was used sparingly. Weused this and it included a pool, a gym area, a jacuzzi and a steam room as well as showers and toilet areas.

The overall stay in the hotel was pleasant without being outstanding.

There's not much to do in Tulcea except cruise on the river which was included in our tour. If you walk along the promenade to the left of the hotel, you can access the main town square, which doesn't have much on it, or continue a little further where you can visit a couple of bars (Guinness included!)

Room Tip: A room overlooking the Danube would be better
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

We had a spacious room with all the amenities like hairdryer, toiletries, bedroom slippers and bathrobes. However not all rooms overlook the delta front.
The shower is over the bath and there are no tea/ coffee making facilities.
We had the buffet dinner at night and the choice is good. Something for everyone. There are cooked vegetables ( green beans) apart from just salads.
Breakfast however was pretty poor for a four star hotel. Hardly any fresh fruit except for a few tired looking grapes from the night before. The small fruit bowl had tinned fruit cocktail and there were no individual pots of yoghurt. Bread selection was also poor but there were quite a few cream cakes.
On the plus side there is Fast free wifi available everywhere.
The gym is teeny (but adequate if there is no one else there ) with no water dispenser and open from 1400 to 2200

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

De hotel is simply very very old. The rooms, the beds, the carpets, the toilets, the floors, elevators, the stairs and the lobby. Sometime this is cute, mostly it looks dirty and smells like that. But breakfast is delicious.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2016

We stayed at Delta 3* last weekend for 2 nights and we really enjoyed our stay. The reception staff was great, very helpful and professional. We were checked in by a nice receptionist (her name was Alina if I`m not mistaken) who really knows how to deliver quality customer service. Her colleague was very nice as well. We had dinner on the restaurant`s terrace which was also very good. I recommend the fish, many choices and fresh. I noticed the fact the dress code is followed and the restaurant staff has knowledge about every item in the menu. Our room was large enough, comfortable bed & mattress, quality bedding, tastefully decorated, with all facilities that you need. The room was located on a corner side so we had half view on Danube and half on the main road (which is pretty noisy by the way). We enjoyed some time at their spa (free of charge if you are a guest in the hotel), which was pretty good, clean and peaceful. However, they have also some minuses here and there. First morning we had coffee served in the room which was delivered very quick. In the afternoon, I asked for another coffee but a gentleman responded that they are busy and I should go to take it myself from downstairs (which I did). Second morning, I asked for the same espresso coffee in the room but I received like filter coffee (which of course I did not like). I called the restaurant and a lady responded (not very polite) and she started to argue with me that it`s same coffee and If I don`t like it then sorry. It`s a shame that not all the employees are sticking to the hotel`s professionalism and good service. Also, the wifi connection was poor in all areas. Overall, we had a great stay and definitely I will recommend it. I hope they will keep their standards and they will improve what they need to in the nearest future.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Good hotel,great location,staff was very hepful and the reception girls was very kind.
Room was big and clean. The parking are to small and very busy it's hard to find a parking place. The brekfast was ok to early for me ( from 6 am to 10am) but was ok.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2016

There are two Delta Hotels - the Delta Three and Delta Four (the numbers refer to the stars).
We were lucky enough to stay in the Four.
The hotel is very modern and the staff were very extremely knowledgeable about the area and willing to help. We were offered the Delta cruise with the hotel's own boat but sourced a tour elsewhere merely because it was shorter.
The view from the rooms were spectacular looking over the Danube and, in the distance, Ukraine.
The pool was a great facility and there is a well equiped gym (although we did not use it). Breakfast was a running buffet that was well set out and catered for most tastes. My only complaint about the breakfast was that one morning another guest swooped in on the fruit and put it in her bag but that has nothing to do with the hotel.
We ate in the restaurant one evening and the food and service were what would be expected from a hotel of this quality.

Room Tip: On the front you have a few of the Danube Delta
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2016

I had a nice three-night stay at the 3-star Delta (there are two adjoining Delta Hotels - a three and four star). The room was comfortable, the breakfast was satisfying, the indoor pool and sauna was a great and well-kept bonus. The air conditioning worked fine and the reception people were nice. I can't think of any down-sides except that the guard railings on the balcony are dangerously low - beware for yourselves and especially children!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business