“Great value for money ”

Marhaba Royal Salem
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Sousse
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Very good house keeping, good food. They Can do with giving out more information, we kind of had to find our own way and discover facilities ourselves. Free wifi. Heated indoor pool. There is a gym but not very modern.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Hello everybody I was in royal Salem hotel and it was so good family holiday, very nice staff, thanks for the best animation team and special thanks to animator COCO. It was super holiday thanks all the staff

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Hotel Salem offers the best hotel for the price. There are many hotels that cost more and less, with about 100 hotels in Sousse.

What we like most about this hotel:
*Great location for us, between Sousse and Kantaoui
*Many pools, including a heated indoor pool during the winter
*Professional staff, providing friendly service
*Good food with more variety than many hotels
*Cafe Mio Mondo is next door, with free wi-fi, good food, and excellent coffee selection

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are more expensive but have views of the pools and the Mediterranean Sea.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We visited royal salem resort for the first time , the rooms were so clean , elevators working all the time , the workers , concierge was so nice and polite do not forget to tip him ! people were friendly , the resort is an apt destination for people from germany , England , france, italy, the USA , I had a lot of fun though , the beach was clean , the entertainers were not that skilled just for kids , but they were too keen all the time to make all the guests happy !
The area is in downtown safe , with security guards on the door all the time , day and night , anyway I loved it .

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ouahid12
Reviewed 2 May 2017

The hotel was ok. The crooked bathroom window could not be closed, so my room was quite cold. Thankfully I had woolen long underwear, socks and hat, so with my coat and sweater on, I slept fairly well. Since the window would not close and the shower water was not hot or plentiful, I skipped a shower. I washed my hair and because of the shower stall glass, I had to climb into the shower. I ended up getting my feet and legs wet. I was very cold after washing my hair and with no heat in the room it was a bit difficult to warm up. However, once outside the hotel, the weather was nice, balmy, and I warmed up quickly. The sink was too small and shallow to use for hair washing.

The toilet had its own little room and I banged the bathroom and toilet doors against each other every time I used the toilet. Because the doors were so close together and the way they were hung, I smacked my face twice with a door before I got the hang of moving the doors for injury-free access.

The room and hallways were quite dim and shadowy. The place felt creepy rather than luxurious.

The large pool was not heated. People filled all the seats by the pool, but the guests were there for evening drinks.

As a solitary western female traveler the staff were polite but not friendly. I was ignored by all of the staff except for the front desk morning clerk who said hello.

The food served in the dining room was totally forgettable.

One good point, the hotel is next to the souk and I enjoyed a walk through. The medina surrounds the souk and it was impossible to get lost within the walls. I found some women weaving scarves in the medina. The silk scarves were inside, hanging behind the door and were very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We have visited this hotel often. Right now, with many tour companies not going to Tunisia, the value is great! And the hotel not normally crowded. Now is the time to visit!

The hotel shares a site with one other hotel, offering 3 outdoor and one indoor swimming pool. And the beach is one minute from the door.

Room Tip: Best not to be close tpo the central atrium if you like peace and quite and early nights: entertainm...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2017

first thing that i say ,friendly staff and good welcoming..after that every thing was good for a 4 star hotel..entertainment group was good and we use 2 days from aqua park at noon ..the view of see was very nice and the room was clean ..the quality of food was good and tasty but not very different with other days..ice cream was very good everyday but other desert and sweets not yummy..wifi was good and bar man was perfect..we use court tennis and indoor pool and gym..i suggest this hotel for relaxing

Stayed: March 2017
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sousse
1.5 km away
0.2 km away
Orient Palace Hotel
Orient Palace Hotel
#22 of 36 in Sousse

Been to Marhaba Royal Salem? Share your experiences!