Orient Palace Hotel
US$193
US$171
US$141
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$87
US$23
TripAdvisor
Hotel Marhaba(Sousse)(Great Value!)
US$276
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

We stay 10 days here is really very nice holiday
The hotel is located in the center of the city with amazing beach
I passed perfect holiday here with fantastic entertainment team
I like also the food the stuff restaurant are good with perfect service
Thanks for all the stuff Orient palace

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2017

I was supposed to be going to Tozeur but all opens closed on me, so ended up in Sousse instead, and booked this hotel last minute. For full disclosure, I've also reviewed my stay on the site that I booked it through.
Note that the hotel does not have alcohol and (for couples booking) require a marriage certificate. These are fully disclosed by the hotel so are not a surprise and thus do not play a part in my review of the hotel, as they are your choice whether or not those stipulations match your needs.

The good:
Hotel looks great from far. The grounds are well kept and well manicured. They are spotless. The hotel is also right on the beach and has a decent pool.

The bad:
1. The hotel needs a paint job (it's peeling badly) and the rooms need updating. Housekeeping come in and clean, but honestly, the rooms are pretty old, so there's not much that they can do with them.
2. No lock on the patio door. Patio door barely slides.
3. Chair on patio was falling apart. I sat on it before I noticed this, and decided that it was best that I bring a chair from inside instead as it would have collapsed on me otherwise.
4. There was no air conditioning. I found out later that they only turn this on between June 15 and Sept 1. Problem is that they ADVERTISE air conditioning, and that one of the bases that I used for booking here, thus they have false advertised. Response from the hotel (on the booking site) is that air conditioning is indeed on only during the high season, and that the higher booking price would reflect that. Problem is that there was no disclosure of this on my booking, and checking the booking site - they still advertise air conditioning. Again, had I known this, I would have not booked, so if a key component to this hotel getting a 1 star rating. The fact that they keep on justifying their deception by their response on the booking site confirms to me that they have zero customer focus.
5. Food is okay. No label on any of the food at the buffet, so it's really guessing game as to what you're looking at. I laughed on one of the breakfasts when they labelled the 5-minute eggs as these were one of the few recognizable items available.
6. If you book all-inclusive (remember, no alcohol, that means that you're paying for lunch/dinner and soft drinks/water) - getting drinks is a painful experience. They're happy to get you a bottle of water (since then they feel that they don't need to talk to you again), but getting anything other than water is a one-time thing. Don't expect to be offered refills. Overall, not worth even the small amount that all-inclusive cost me as a premium, and I would choose room-only if I had to do it again.

Seriously, tourism in Sousse is way down. I'm convinced that if you look at other available hotels, there's got to be something more worthwhile for similar money. I would not come back here, even for free.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Thé hôtel is very Nice and thé animation team are awsome people Hana Linda hachem bilel Sonya they are fantastic dancers i'll Côme back again in every <3 <3 with m'y familly i m veryyyyyyy veryyyyyy veryyyyy happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy here

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2016

everything is vacation-wise:friendly satff,excellent food,tourists,great beached,great water sports and plenty of organised trips.with its own several pools,it offers its clients unforgettable moments with themed-parties,contests and local events.

Room Tip: higher levels are usually quieter
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2016 via mobile

a very nice hotel nice food , fresh fruits and salads ? customer service , nice view from my balcony i will return this summer . clean swimming pool not bad gym .fast servers at the bar. wifi connection always on . plenty of parking spaces big thank you for all the staff.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family