“Delicious!”

Ranked #120 of 382 Restaurants in Karachi
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant offering Chinese Cuisine in Karachi.A variety of Set Menus offered on a weekly basis with additional ala carte items set for our Patrons.
Reviewed March 20, 2015

We went for a family dinner on a week night and were served very well. Will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed October 10, 2014

China Kitchen is a gem hidden away in the Swiss Cottages area. Not the easiest place to find at the best of times and with the road, even a bit more difficult.

Excellent food, very good service but, as one other reviewer noted, the quantities are smallish. This is not a major issue though ... with reasonable prices, just order another dish. I highly recommend the wasabi prawns.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Over the last couple of years, we have definitely been there twice to celebrate birthdays. I remember it to have been very good. This time, I suggested a place but when our kids chose China Kitchen, I readily accepted.

First the good news - appetizers came, and these were as expected well done. Our son preferred to order more main courses and share family style.

Except for one dish - fish, the other three orders we could not eat! Disaster! The green beans were blunt and hard; the aubergine instead of crisp was plastic and the worst - first we got lobster with black beans instead of black pepper lobster; it was taken away and after a while the supposed real thing came.

Meantime the server apologised, said the right things, like the error was in the kitchen, will be fixed right away and so on. What came seemed the chef was taking his revenge on us - there was black pepper in the sauce alright, but a lot of extra spicy ground red chilly was added to it. We just couldn't eat it and would have fallen sick if we had tried to eat more of it. We asked the server to take it to the chef and let him taste it.

I had to rush to the washroom to rinse my mouth as I was on fire. On my way out, I saw the chef standing looking out at our table, laughing disconcerned and shaking his head. As he saw me come by he wouldn't admit there was any red chilly added. He stood there for quite a while, laughed with his colleagues and went back in to the kitchen - despicable behaviour to say the least.

To wipe our tears from the chilli a slice of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream was served on the house for four of us. We quickly dug in to the ice cream to cool our numb palates and tongues. Later the owner came, stood by apologised for the 'computer error' of the order - black pepper was read as black bean in the kitchen! 'Won't happen again.'

We were billed for the chilly powder lobster!! Fortunately, there are other places in the city, so I am sure it won't happen to me again at China Kitchen, the polite staff and owner notwithstanding.

1  Thank Mypace
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Although her name is China Kitchen, the owner as well as the Chief are not Chinese. Surprisingly, they cook very nice Chinese food. The restaurant is nicely decorated. Recommend to have the table outside in the garden.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Delicious authentic food. Quick service, friendly waiters. Loved the hot and sour soup. And the appetisers. The kung pao chicken was absolutely amazing.