“Great relaxed atmosphere.”

Ranked #38 of 234 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Come and enjoy relaxing views overlooking the river. We have tropical gardens, river view yoga deck, tiki huts, beach volleyball courts, relaxing thai cushions, sofas, and bar stools. This is a place to come and relax. Enjoy food, drinks, and meet interesting people. Utopia is Zen by Day, Groovy by Night. Every evening we are by far the busiest place in the city. Utopia is a very special and unique place, and our typical customers will come back every day!! Don't wait until your last day to find Utopia.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Great relaxed atmosphere to enjoy a a reasonably priced drink and meet new people. Good views and friendly service. I like this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,782)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Super nice bar where to sit and chill, watching the sunset, having a beer or two
Nice and friendly staff, good prices

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

It's amazing place. I'm feeling very relax at Utopia. Love to see the view at Utopia so much.
One man staff very nice to me but I don't ask he name because can this staff remember menu me order on first time when me come at Utopia in first time , I went to Utopia two time for this trip.

Many Leo people can help to suggest way for go to Utopia.

I got information from Mr. Andrew Norton ( He move from Sydney and come to working on Bangkok)
in last year but he have been come many time and I'm very happy when come at Utopia so much because it's very nice place and beautiful natural view.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Although the place as a very interesting atmosphere we didn´t enjoyed our stay that much. Maybe it was the loud music bar or the not so Laotian food menu (hamburguers, etc). Not much different from what we can get in our country. What is the point in traveling thousands of miles to another country and go to a place like this? Maybe changing the menu or give a more local feel should be a plus. I don't know. The only thing we know is that we expect more.

1  Thank JoseCarlosFranco
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Peaceful oasis set on the river. Seating is spread out so it can still feel intimate even when it’s really busy. You can curl up on cushions, take a nap, or just chill out at a table with your friends/or with a book. The staff are incredibly kind and attentive, and you can tell that the management is really strong. During the day it has a really relaxed atmosphere that transforms into a funky social space at night. I love how the menu has little tips for exploring LP and returned several times over the course of our stay. Consistently chilled out and cool.