All reviews mekong river great location night market mount phousi welcome drink couple of nights tuk tuk pleasant stay per night double room main street stayed here for nights in town clean rooms balcony laos wifi
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

We had three rooms and all were good: working aircon, fans, hot showers, clean, good bed, perfect bedsheets. The price was fair: about 100 dollar for all per night in this 'European summer holiday season'.
Hosts were helpful, had welcome drinks -good ones- and even gave us a cool drink when we returned from a boat trip.
We also arrived early and they helped out with the rooms quickly, even we didn't need them.
The location is very good, breakfast is at the riverside. Breakfast is free and you can choose what item you like. Of course there are better breakfasts, but hey, this is free... you also can make coffee, tea during your stay.
I would have no problem to return here!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2017

As it says in the description, the Lan Kham Riverside is in the banks of the Mekong River and a short walk to alms giving ceremonies, temples, palace, Mount Phousi and night markets.
I stayed here for 5 nights in a balcony double room during the new year festival and even if I didn't want to venture out to get drenched one more time it was a great place to sit on the balcony and watch the passing parade even if it was very loud at times.
The staff were friendly but but possibly due to their long working hours they were not well informed about simple things like nearest pharmacy or ATM and steered me the wrong way a couple of times that fortunately I stumbled across what I needed very close to the hotel.
They were very keen to book their own driver service to Kuangsi Falls that did not leave early enough for me and could offer no advice to alternatives even one was easily enough found.
The room itself was small, air conditioned and and a couple would no doubt find it cramped.
I was unfortunate to find my room smelling of sewerage when I arrived and upon investigation found an overlooked,unflushed #2 in the toilet so cleanliness not perfect although the cleaning staff were truly lovely.
No tea and coffee facilities in the room but bottled was water provided. The tea and coffee was kept on the landing and for some reason the wifi modem was kept behind one of the hot water urns which blocked the signal to the room I stayed in and I had to move the urn a couple of times so that I could use the internet.
Breakfast is provided on the terrace overlooking the Mekong and it was OK but some room for improvement.
Overall it is a nice little guesthouse in a great location but I agree with others that it is overpriced for what it is, but that seems to be the case with Luang Prabang in general compared to neighbouring countries.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room to admire the Mekong
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Keir L
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights. I was in quite a large room with a very comfortable bed. Staff were helpful with places to visit and how to get around. Free breakfast was nice and located on the riverfront. Quite a lot of mosquitoes in the room and bathroom. Lucky they don't like me. All in all a pleasant stay

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Very nice welcome with daily refrefreshing drinks ! And very friendly and helpful staff ! Breakfast is on the terrace over looking the river. The manager helps us to choose some excellent excursions for reasonable prices. The guesthouse is within easy walking distance of the national museum, night market, mount Phousi, all the main attractions. We will happily return here.

Room Tip: Take a room with the view of the river, 1st floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Nice touch with a drink on arrival. They also give you a map and tell you what to see and do in Luang Prabang.

Had room next to front door with veranda on to road giving onto the mekong river. Wasn't too bad during the night, but noisy at other times.

The linen was dirty, stains on the pillow cases. The bathroom had a seweragey smell. The room was not too small. It had a safe, but it was key operated and not screwed into the wall or anything, just sat on the bedside table.

Breakfast was good. Location is good, right in the middle of town, close to the night market, river, monks, mountain and bamboo bridge. Complimentary bicicle hire too. Would have got a good review if the room wasn't dirty.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple