Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Review Highlights
Fun and instructive

A lovely morning with a clever, fun and informative guide teaching and showing us how to grow rice... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Steve T
Staines, England, United Kingdom
You will never look at eating rice the same again

What an experience! I am truly so fortunate that I was able to witness old school farm living in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$37.50
from US$18.00
from US$83.00
More Info
All reviews rice farming water buffalo sugar cane juice laut lee sticky rice rice wine paddy fields organic farm english classes growing process eat rice all ages learn how step by step learning experience morning tour whole process
Reviewed March 11, 2017

This was the final day of a three week trip--and most memorable. Hotel
Pick up in a comfortable van, then a fascinating day. Guests really do learn and get involved with all the steps needed to get rice to the table. VERY Well done.

1  Thank chefnancyseattle
Reviewed March 11, 2017

Interactive and informative experience! Friendly guide and delicious lunch!! Worth visiting. Had the opportunity to plough the rice paddies with the water buffalo which was great fun.

1  Thank joanne9385
Reviewed March 7, 2017

After I visited a restaurant in town, la Casa Lao, the manager came up with a brochure from this place. I felt I didn't loose my time at all! The land is held by Hmong people and I discovered their practice in terms of farming and growing animals. It took me half a day and it was much nicer than being lost in the crowd of more popular attractions!

1  Thank Tacos_Asia
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

What can I say about this once in a lifetime experience?!? We loved every minute of our homestay, from the farm & village tour with Xai, planting our own organic vegetables, picking our own organic vegetables for dinner that night, teaching English to the 10-15 year old village kids with Long Lee (a second year university student who has lived/worked on the farm for seven years, and is a delightful young man who speaks English very well), drinking Beerlao with seasoned chef Vone and new chef Khamla (she just finished training and was starting her first day there) Tai, and Chi Lee, enjoying a Lao massage overlooking the fish pond, eating an incredible dinner like you're part of the farm family, sleeping in our adorable little hut, and waking up the next day to another delicious meal, followed by the full morning rice experience led by Khamla (a guide, not the chef) and Long Lee. We did not want to leave the farm after only 24 hours. We truly felt the love and passion there for organic farming, and for educating the village kids by providing free (volunteer based) English classes. The kids we taught were so smart and asked such great questions, writing down words so they could look them up later. We also were fortunate enough to meet the "big boss" Mark, the English founder of the farm and had a pleasant time discussing his operation and our joyful experience. I would highly recommend anyone to do the homestay, but certainly to at least come out for a tour and/or the rice experience so that you can meet these amazing individuals yourself and see the incredible impact they are making in their community. We loved it!

Date of experience: February 2017
3  Thank lmed2017
Reviewed February 16, 2017

The hospitable team at the living land, led by Mr. Lao Ly, created a scenic place where you can connect to the land, get your hands dirty ploughing the land or planting paddy rice and imagine what it means to be a Lao farmer. Simple, tasty meals are served and a lot of information is shared. There is also a lovely little rice barn converted into a guestroom, all in wood, with a veranda overlooking the paddy fields. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2017