Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21-04-23
ZenHotels.com
PricelineUS$59
StayForLongUS$91
All reviews the main street in town night market plunge pool free shuttle each morning breakfast was excellent spacious rooms three nights stay in luang prabang annex laos alms ritual
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the Villa Santi for five nights as part of a Far East holiday to celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary, staff at reception were very welcoming and informed us we had been upgraded to a suite which was very spacious with a large bathroom, very clean and plenty toiletries. The building is of lovely French Colonial style and is a great central location, plenty restaurants and cafes near by. Easily within walking distance to night market, temples and other sights. Laos people very gentle and friendly. We visited the Santi Resort on the courtesy bus, lovely grounds and pool about 15 minutes drive out of Luang Prabang. Breakfast on the balcony overlooking the road was lovely, a great place to start your day and people watch, most people stopped to take photos of this beautiful building. Regarding the negative reports on the annex building, I cannot comment, only suggest requesting a suite and you won’t be disappointed. Thank you to the maids for the beautiful towel sculptures and petals on our bed, we thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Laos and hope to come back to explore more of this beautiful country. Pat and George

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank George B
Villasanti, Resident Manager at Villa Santi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear Pat and George,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Villa Santi Hotel and Santi Resort & Spa! it is a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our hospitality and your overall experience in Laos, I am thrilled to pass on your experience and compliments to the entire team.

Thank you once again, and we looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel or Resort again soon!

Wtih very best regards,
Santhana Inthavong
Resident Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2019

If you must stay here, avoid the annex! There are a few rooms in the main hotel which are large and gracious. Unfortunately, most of our group were assigned to an annex which was tired, to say the least. Our room was shabby and dark with worn furniture and one of the most uncomfortable beds we've ever slept in. The bathroom was grim -- poor lighting and wood paneling that looked none too clean. I've given the hotel two stars only because the staff was very attentive and gracious and because the hotel is well located.

1  Thank Barbara S
Villasanti, Resident Manager at Villa Santi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Dear Barbara S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I am deeply disappointed to learn that you had an unpleasant experience with us during your recent visit. When you book with your group for deluxe rooms, all of the rooms are located at Annex building, where the main building are royal suite which is size are larger. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our management team. Your comments are taken very seriously and will be taken on board for future improvement regarding on the condition of annex room.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding on our staff service and location and i will surely pass the message on to them.

Santhana Inthavong
Resident Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2019

Very well situated in the middle of this chic town with low-rise French colonial architecture , beautiful shops and more impressive Buddhist temples than you can imagine. If you can get up early enough you can give rice to the priests as they process by the hotel. The hotel is charming and understated and although there was a musty smell in our room initially, this was a small negative amongst the many positives.an advantage
An onsite swimming pool would be

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights after 2 excellent hotels in Cambodia and were disappointed with the standard of the room and overall ambiance of the place - especially considering that this is not a cheap hotel by Laos standards.
We had a room in the separate side building which looks pretty enough but the room was dark, musty and definitely on the small side.
Getting anything sorted was hard work. Insufficient toiletries were provided and we had a light bulb that required replacing. The toiletries were sorted after multiple requests just before we left but the light bulb never was!
Breakfast was very limited although there was an egg station and the staff here were the friendliest in the hotel.
We did wonder whether this was typical of Lao standards but we had a wonderful and much cheaper hotel in Vang Vieng.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2018

I arrived at their posted check-in time was kept waiting an hour for a room.My reservation was for a city-view room with a single large bed. I got ground floor Annex room with small twin beds and a view the garden wall and nothing else.The room was really shabby with scratched and damaged floors, and no desk.Hot water supply was poor, the remote control didn't work, and the hotel only had 2 plug adaptors for the entire facility. (I needed to use my computer to contact friends.) I was offered a place in their resort but that place had mixed reviews and was not centrally located.When I complained to a Lao manager, I was told he would speak to the GM and get back to me. No response ever came.I was told I would have to go out to the resort if I wanted to speak with one personally and honestly I wasn't about to spend the short time I had in Luang Prabang chasing down managers.To be fair the man at the front desk made a valiant attept to solve some of the smaller issues like buying another adaptor. I really came away from this experience eeling I had been cheated.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank mack0951
VillaSanti, General Manager at Villa Santi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

Dear mack0951,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Villa SANTI, Luang Prabang. Guests feed back is of utmost importance to us as it enables us to relatively promptly correct mistakes and/or potential deviations from established procedures.

We are dismayed to read that your experience was not a positive one and would like to sincerely apologize for the mishaps that you encountered. The check-in delay is due to the busy activity of the New Year period but this does not excuse anything.

The rooms with City view are, in fact, suites located in the main "Mansion" building on the main street. We regret that you did not get the bed type that you asked for in the Annex and shall investigate for what reason this happened.

It is embarrassing that no one got back to you and here also we would like to apologize for this lack of attention from our part.

We realize that your experience has been less then enchanting and would like to ensure you that the shortcomings you mentioned will be addressed. We are planning a renovation of the hotel and we believe that, this alone, will alleviate problems to re-occur.

Your Villa SANTI Team.