All reviews beautiful hotel junior suite royal residence night market tuk tuk separate toilet old colonial homemade jams lao dishes lush gardens in town an oasis boutique hotel ten minute walk four poster bed rooms are spacious free bikes
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Our recent stay at Satri House was extremely enjoyable - it is more like staying at a friend's house than staying in an hotel. Checkin in the sitting room was a very pleasant experience and I love the wood fire in the evenings! The attention to detail and the decoration were fantastic. The hotel is located a little out of the Old Town but it is easily walkable. The advantage of this is that it boasts 2 swimming pools, which are not allowed in the Old Town. The gardens are beautiful with lots of interesting nooks and crannies. Our room was great, apart from the mosquitoes which were ever present - thank goodness for the mosquito nets at night! It would also be very handy if there was a small mirror in the toilet! I think that the bed was like sleeping on a cloud - beautiful!
Breakfast was great but the coffee was very ordinary - any chance of improving on that? Now I am being picky, but I also think fabric napkins would be an improvement instead of paper(yuk!) ones for breakfast.
I just loved this hotel and would certainly return when next in Luang Prabang.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ilab
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Satri House is a real jewel of a hotel in the heart of Luang Prabang. A wonderful place for regeneration. Friendly, attentive (but never pushy) and well educated staff. Great choice of delicious meals (western and laos cuisine), affectionately prepared and presented. Our room was very clean and furnished in a stylish and elegant manner. We are sure to come back to this lovely hotel and will recommend it to everybody who is looking for quality and outstanding places.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This hotel is a real gem. Beautifully and thoughtfully decorated in a quiet street in the heart of Luang Prabang. It really did tick every box from the ease of check in on arrival , the excellent friendly efficient service led by a charming manager. Wonderful rooms of exquisite comfort, equally wonderful bathrooms, most comfortable bed we had on our whole stay. Delicious breakfast in lovely setting. 2 beautiful pools surrounded by sun beds with fluffy towels and sun hats. Charming rooms and sitting areas to relax in. Bikes always available to make a sortie into the shops and temples. Attention ato detail of the highest standard. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Of the rooms we saw they were all equally charming but all individual.....
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank DollyBelle
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Like going back in time, great service, incredible architecture, lovely decor !

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Our party of 4 + baby was welcomed at the airport by the Satri House car with driver and a lovely lady who gave us our first introduction to this magical place. At the hotel we were met by the ever attentive and caring General Manager, Joffrey Gris, and his amazing staff. I can say without hesitation that in no other hotel have we ever had such genuinely good service. Satri House feels really like a very beautiful private house, which it was originally. Lots of comfortable seating areas to read and relax. Delightful decor. Meals are delicious, from sumptuous breakfasts on a terrasse overlooking the garden to fantastic light lunches served on a lovely raised seating area in the garden ideal for our party, to excellent dinners. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable, with extremely good beds.

The hotel came top again when I suffered a triple fracture to my ankle on the 4th day of our stay, while riding a bicycle. A distinguished and very helpful lady from the hotel came with us to the hospital, interpreted for us, and looked after me until we left a few hours later to attempt a return to London. This was only made possible thanks to the kindness of a London doctor and fellow guest, who, after checking me, wrote a report for me to produce at the airline check-in, where it was made clear to us that without it I would not have been allowed to fly home.

I am immensely grateful to Joffrey Gris and all his staff, for their concern and attention at all times, but even more so after my accident. They couldn't have done more. In spite of the rather sad ending to our fantastic stay, we all keep wonderful memories of our holiday at this unmissable hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family