All reviews beautiful hotel royal residence junior suite night market tuk tuk poolside bar separate toilet old colonial quiet oasis homemade jams in town lao dishes lush gardens boutique hotel four poster bed ten minute walk free bikes
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel is stunning, and has been lovingly decoreted with a mixture of antiques and up to date facilities. It is located near the centre of Luang Prabang and with in easy access of all you could want to see. The whole atmostphere of the hotel is charming, with many beautiful different areas where you can relax and unwind - and two swimming pools! The staff are welcoming and always willing to help, the food is fantastic and they are willing to cater for any specific diets. The massages are also a must do! We had a wonderful, indeed perfect 5 days staying there and would not hesitate to recommend it to our friends and family - or to anyone else who wishes to visit Luang Prabang. In fact I cannot wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah H
Joffrey G, General Manager at Satri House, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Sometimes we do wonder what is more AMAZING as you mentioned in your title. Our guests or our Hotel? I guess the conbination of two goes well together.
Thanks again for staying with us.
Regards,
Joffrey

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We arrived at Satri House after a long seven hour car journey and had a very warm welcome from the staff and manager of the hotel. The hotel is beautiful, with a warm character and atmosphere. Our room was spacious, elegant and very well equipped. . The bed was large and comfortable with a mattress topper and very good quality pillows. Best nights sleep of the whole holiday. Well appointed bathroom with large shower and constant supply of hot water.
The grounds are well maintained and very nice swimming pool which was well attended by the hotel staff. We had dinner once at the hotel which was delicious but we ate the rest of the time in town where there was more choice and atmosphere. Don't let the position of the hotel put you off,(10 minute walk out of town) as tuk tuk's are always available and very cheap.The lack of English spoken by the staff was not really a problem as one of the managers always seemed to be around. A nice touch....the manager let us stay in our room after check out time to enable us to have showers etc as we didn't leave until late in the day for our flight. My only criticism was they had run out of tonic in the bar so I had to go without my G and T !!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Great grounds. Fab food. Completely covered in artwork. Could not count them all in our suite! Suite however quite strange the liv rm was separate. You had to exit room, lock it and go next door to non private space...we never used it. WIFI was very limited and slow. 10 minute walk to start of main area. I would take tuk tuk to far end of town and work back. As great as it was I would stay along small river on backside of old town that was best part of town quiet but one block from action

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for suite
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We were surprised at how close we were to just about everything. Location was perfect, so central -- night market, fresh market, currency exchange, good restaurants, temples, the river....

I enjoyed the quietness of the hotel with the lush gardens. Having a library with all sorts of magazines and books was a marvel idea. The rooms were fairly large. Not everyone in the staff was proficient in English though, but they were very polite and trying their best. I must make special mention of a young gentleman named Domingo, who went out of his way to address all our group's needs and concerns.

I enjoyed our overall stay at Satri House and would recommend it to others.

I would have liked in-room coffee/tea service.

Because of the ponds in the premises I noticed mosquitoes but fortunately, I was never bitten.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank milfloresdemanila
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Beautiful and exquisitely appointed property. Large and warmly decorated rooms. Well manicured grounds. However, the service provided just isn't what I have come to know as the standard for a Relais & Chateaux. The staff are lovely but they do not speak English for the most part (yes, I know I am in Lao) and it makes it very difficult to score points for service when simple requests are not understood -- at all. The manager and the restaurant supervisor are working to address a recognized gap and were very helpful in doing the extra to make our experience pleasant (much appreciated) but the staffing issues do need to be addressed to meet the expectations for a Relais & Chateaux and the price that goes along with that.

• Stayed: March 2012