We stayed for 3 nights in a junior suite. The hotel is a converted French colonial house which still retains its olde world character. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings and antique furniture. The place is a maze of corridors, walkways and stairs which got to be very confusing, with problems of bewildered direction sense persisting even at the end of our stay! The location is not exactly town centre but is only a 5-10 minute gentle stroll away from the night market and 15 minutes away from the better restaurants in town on the far side of the night market.
The only problem of any significance is the absence of any Wifi signal in the room and only a weak signal in the bar/restaurant area. I would hope that management could rectify this - especially as free Wifi is advertised as one of the hotel's facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang