US$188
Thongbay Guesthouse(Luang Prabang)
US$45
US$43
Agoda.com
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$110
US$91
US$25
US$21
US$130
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Golden Lotus Place(Luang Prabang)
US$29
US$48
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$380
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 22, 2015 via mobile

We arrived and were told by one staff member the price was 100kip. We agreed and then later the owner lady said it was 120 kip. Agreed to 100kkip, but then the rest of our stay it seemed like owner lady was trying to figure out how to get that last 20,000kip/night from us. We were told we couldn't use the A/C in the room and we couldn't get breakfast because we didn't pay 120 even though we were told the price was 100.

They arranged a ride for us to the airport and I should have known we were getting ripped off when the owner asked for payment from us instead of us giving it to the driver. We paid $120,000kip (60kip per person) for a ride to the airport that was 4K away - I should have looked up the price beforehand but I've gotten lazy - we were overcharged by more than double! They also told us we wouldn't be able to easily get transport at 7 am on the Main Street and needed to arrange with them which also isn't true.

A rookie mistake made by me, so don't do the same. My own fault but it's not nice to rip off your customers, it doesn't feel nice.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2015

We went there just to drop our laundry.
At first, we got an impression of amateurism which was not a good sign (for example no list of the clothes was done when we gave our stuffs). We were told that we could come collect our clothes the day after, at 2:00PM.
The next day, when we passed at 3:00PM, our clothes were still hanging. The lady present collected them in a hurry and put them in a plastic bag without even bothering to fold them.Then my girlfriend realised that 1 of her clothe was missing. We looked around but impossible to find it. It was a cheap clothe so we left the place quite unhappy, but without making trouble as we thought that it was a mistake.
Then during the evening, I realised that 1 of my clothes was missing too. So we went back and met one guy there. After saying that he was exterior to the matter as this was his "sister" who was the one cleaning, he started to threaten us as we were insisting.
So again, we came back the day after. We met the "sister" who first denied, then admitted that she had cleaned the missing clothes. However, still impossible to find them. This is why I asked her a reparation of 15$ equal to what our clothes were worth. I got the famous "i don't have money to pay you" whereas their rooms are at 20$/night and other member of the guesthouse were there. After 15min of harassment, I finally got 6 miserable USD from her.

The worst is not the clothes lost but the behaviour of the persons we met there. No one takes responsability, they deny the evidence, they are agressive. When we left the place saying that we would write what happened on websites such as tripadvisor, we got a "fu** you"...what kind a service is that!
By reading the previous comments, it seems that thefts are a regular thing there...TO AVOID!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 439babac
Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

I stayed here the other day for 3 nights, the room is fairly cheap for luangprabang but in retrospect I would have paid more to stay somewhere else!
Here is a list of reasons why;
- No sink in the bathroom
- Smells of sewage because there is literally sewage running behind the building from next door
- rude/unfriendly owners

And finally on the last day I left my phone on the side for less than 30 seconds and it had gone, I said to the owners I could track it down if I had wifi (theirs had turned off) so went to get wifi came back and it had miraculously reappeared where it was before (yes I had definatly checked there!) and switched off!

Do not stay here!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chloelouiselane
noylpb16, Owner at Wat That Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2015

(1) - washbasin we already re-instal because the guest before you stay break my sink ( 2 ) in luang prabang not yet have underground sewerage system directly to pump station for clean dirty water,we have to use saftey tank and every month have to pump out,the time you stay was raining time so every where have problem like this,(3)im running this guest house already 15 years,we never unfriendly with the guest,everybody say we are friendly,if we are not friendly this guest house will not running for long time,( 4 ) about your HP why you not carry go with you because you alredy check out from the room,we are not take care about your facility and we dont know where you left your HP ,it was not our problem normaly,but i give you use my desk computer for find your HP if i not friendly i will not give you use my computer,and if you think we are not friendly not help you,you will not stay at WATTHAT GUEST HOUSE for 3 night,so please dont blame us,thank you for your comment

Reviewed July 23, 2015

I had an excellent stay at Mala's! I was the only guest at that time (it was off-peak and the other guests had just checked out) so it was very quiet and relaxing - just what I imagined Luang Prabang to be! The rooms are clean, the location is perfect (literally a few steps away from the Mekong and the main road (restaurants, tuktuks, night market and museums). I wish I had stayed here during the whole duration of my trip - I moved only on my last full day, after not having enough sleep in the 'popular' backpacker guesthouse I stayed at on my first few days. Overall, I recommend this place to everyone who wants to visit LP! :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor look nicer and have a view.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Muryan6
Reviewed May 8, 2015

I stayed in the 5-bed dorm with en-suite bathroom 5 nights in a row. There's not a lot of space in the room. Basically you have 2 bunk beds, one on each side of the room. So far, so good. But the owners have decided to add a single bed in between, taking most of the little space available. You better hope the 4 other guests sharing the room with you will be tidy. Same goes for cleanliness: as in most places with dorms, the room will only be as clean as your roommates allow it to be. The room is normally cleaned everyday although I noticed they skipped a day or two during my stay and the little bin was overflowing on the ground.
As far as the staff is concerned, the smiling and talkative husband makes up for his strict and a-little-less-welcoming wife (sorry but this is the brutal truth).
I was pretty happy with this place until I got in Thailand and realized that at least 1,500 baht had been subtly stolen from my secondary wallet, which I had left in a locker during the day. It's "only" around 45 USD but enough to travel comfortably in SEA for a few days with my budget...
As this is the only one time I did not have the wallet with me I am able to say rather precisely when it happened. At this time there was only 1 person sharing the room with me, a friendly old Lao man who came in Luang Prabang for the weekend. Either I have been fooled by this shy guy's friendliness, or someone from the staff did it. That's it, I'm not going to investigate further. Maybe I should not have left this wallet in the locker. The fact is I've been stolen at Wat That and this ruined my stay (a posteriori...)

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo