20,832 results
All reviewsimperial clubwater parklost chambersdolphin bayroyal pooleast towerhalf boardnasimi beachronda locatellidolphin experienceleap of faithsaffron restaurantzero entryaqua ventureaquaventure parkimperial roomchocolate fountain
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have never written a review however I have just returned from my first trip to the Atlantis and as the title inferes there were some 'Ups and Downs'. We spent 4 days at the hotel in the upgraded Imperial Club Room. However this is my third trip to Dubai.
The Hotel is clearly fantastic in its statue but comes with some faults. Due to the sheer size this is not by any means a relaxing hotel - It is constantly busy with people coming and going at all time of the night. It is highly commercialised and this can be seen in the prices £9 for a beer, £7 for an ice-cream and £6 for a litre bottle of Evian still water! Whilst I accept alcohol in Dubai is expensive I found that such a large hotel should rein back on their charges.
I was extremely glad of the upgrade to the Imperial club room as the free drinks, food and 2hr free alcohol slot gave me time to relax without having to look at the price list however be warned it cost me around £140 more for the 4 days than it would have cost booking through Virgin even though the hotel 'special offers' appear on the face of it to be worthwhile.
The food is superb even down to the beach bars, The Dolphin experience and waterpark was fantastic. The staff are attentive. The rooms are big and clean. In summary this is classed as a 5 star resort and the 5 star prices support that claim however by Dubai standards this hotel is nothing more than a 3.5-4 star hotel at the most and would suggest if you are going there for the waterpark/aquarium then you look at alternative hotels and use the fantastic shuttle service into the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Solomaverick
Reviewed June 26, 2012

i do like this hotel and i can consider it as a resort, when you stay there you don't need to go out of the hotel for minimum 3 days, i enjoy the stay, food , restaurants there , water park and every thing.
Rooms was amazing with nice view from the 20th floor. i love the chocolate box complementary . i do recommend this place .

Room Tip: swim pool view is the best and high levels
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SondusA
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Atlantis, The Palm, houses N'Dulge, their swanky nightclub with its exclusive entry rules and exorbitant charges is still worth the time and money if you're in splurge mode. I visited with a friend who had a bottle of JD reserved from the last time and at the entry point to the club all he needed to do was mention that it was reserved in his name. There were no glitches, no claims of 'it doesn't reflect in our system' or 'you'll have to wait'. We breezed in. You can't help but notice that the atmosphere is absolutely electric. The club scene is so overdone everywhere in the world that these days you can easily spot a club that's filled with people just to fill it up and one that's filled with people really having a blast. This was the latter. The bottle arrived immediately and the accompanying glassware was spotless and had a faint but lovely washed-clean scent, an aspect that can easily be overlooked in a dark, smoky club. The ceilings were high enough and the space was big enough for us to puff away at a cigar without feeling choked by the overhanging smoke. Their vent system is probably excellent. The lighting was dramatic, urban swank and almost Scandinavian in its appeal, without it offending the eyes or the head. The club photographer was charming and sweet and offered to take our pictures at the club without being cloying or pushy about it. The bouncer near our seating area was polite and helpful every time we asked him a question, although he did mention the wrong time of closing. He said 1:30 am when indeed it was 3 am. The music was great. The DJ made sure there was something that appealed to most of the demographic there and the dance floor was filled with ordinary couples just finding the right tune for their mood. The external area was abuzz with exotic cocktails, cosmopolitan crowds and 100Dhs shots, with two slightly surly, probably overworked bartenders. We migrated inside very quickly due to the heat. Few nightclubs take you away to your university days where you forget that you'll regret your hangover and your muscle pain the next morning. Well done, N'Dulge!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kamalfs
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My mother and I had a short stopover in Dubai on our way to Rome and decided to stay at Atlantis, The Palm. Upon arrival (VERY early in the morning) to DXB airport, I lost my mobile phone - which (rookie mistake) had a couple of my credit card numbers hidden on it. Needless to say I cancelled my credit cards and was left with minimal available funds for my 5.5 weeks. Not a good start to my holiday! Fast forward to checkin at the Atlantis. The receptionist picked up immediately that I was unhappy and asked what was wrong and if there was anything he could do. I explained my little situation and, although there was nothing he could do assured me that when property is lost in Dubai, it is almost ALWAYS returned. He offered to keep ringing the aiport lost and found for me during our stay and upgraded our room so we could check in early (6am!). The room itself was lovely, the comfiest bed I have EVER slept in and beautiful views (when not hazy!). Deciding that I really needed to get into the holiday spirit and stop worrying about my phone, my mother and I headed to the day spa at the Atlantis. I highly recommend this experience. The most amazing day spa I've been to, brilliant massage and tonnes of amentities - you could stay there all day! After a restful nights sleep we head to breakfast...O.M.G! If I could only eat at one place for the rest of my life, it would be Kaleidoscope - the food is amazing, the service wonderful and you could not ask for anything more by way of variety! The first thing I saw when I walked into the restaurant was a chocolate fountain....A CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN! Service within the hotel itself was impeccable. Always a helping hand and always someone there to simply direct you where to go if you're looking a little lost (easy to do in such a big hotel). We were very sad to leave Dubai and Atlantis The Palm and have vowed to return as soon as possible (hopefully September!). Oh, and the phone.....was returned when we came back through Dubai on our way home, 5.5 weeks later! These are an honest polite people who will do everything in their power to ensure you leave Dubai with a good feeling about the place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Rachm82
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great ! Simple as that ! I have been to the Burj,but this hotel in my eyes is better.Yes you have to have loads of cash and upgrade by that's Dubai !
All in all a fab holiday and a great hotel,clean,nice staff and good food !
The only let down if any is that the water park and hotel is an open house,so wanna b's do drop in to see what they are missing !!

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade to club
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family