21,799 results
All reviews imperial club water park lost chambers dolphin bay royal pool east tower half board nasimi beach ronda locatelli dolphin experience leap of faith saffron restaurant zero entry aqua venture imperial room aquaventure park free entry
Reviewed June 11, 2009

There is really only one way to describe the Atlantis in Dubai and that is with the word "WOW."

From the minute you pull up to the Palm Island and see this unbelievable structure rise up out of the water you realize that this trip is going to be something amazing. We arrived to the beautiful lobby that really welcomes you with an Arabian vibe that gave me a taste of the culture I was hoping for. We were greeted with cold towels in the lobby so you aren't too hot and with refreshing air conditioning which is something I was concerned about considering I went in June and the temperature was around 100 degrees. We then saw our rooms which were beautiful and every room really has a nice view since the hotel is on the center of Palm Island. Overall, the rooms were awesome and I was excited to get to see the facility as I had heard about the water park and the great restaurants.

While I was there I ate at:

Locatelli - This was a nice start. A beautiful Italian restaurant where I had a delicious pasta dish. The pasta was great and tasted like it had been made fresh that day.

Nobu - I have been to the Nobu in New York and it is one of the best meals I have ever eaten so I was excited about the Nobu in Dubai however I had my doubts since we were on the other end of the world. When I walked in and saw the great decor I knew that there was nothing to worry about. The food was exceptional, great exciting cold dishes and our waiter was great, he was from Miami and was very proud to be working at Nobu and knew a lot about the area.

Ossiano - This was by far the best meal. We ate our meal in an aquarium watching Manta Rays, Whale Sharks and an assortment of fish float by as we ate incredible Fois Gras, delicious bread appetizers, an very tender and tasty lamb shank and as if all this weren't enough we had souflees for desert. This was a truly unique experience and one of the best restaurants I have ever been to.

Levantine - I was excited about Levantine as it was a taste of the Arabian food and culture. I had delicious Babaganoush and Hummus and Pita. The chicken dumplings were were also very good. This was also a very cool experience as there were belly dancers dancing while we ate. This is a must go restaurant just because you cannot go to Dubai and not get a taste of the Middle Eastern Culture.

Nasimi - Nasimi is a really cool restaurant located right on the beach. You look back on the city of Dubai and the food is great. The fish cakes were good if you like that sort of thing. The real thing to get at Nasimi though is the Curries. The curry at Nasimi was awesome mixed with the rice and chicken and it gave a nice authentic feel. Just like at every restaurant the service was exceptional.

The French Brasserie - We had initially not planned on dining at the French Brasserie and I am really glad that we did. I had never really had French food before and it really was incredible. The escargot was delicious and I am not a huge fan of shellfish. The best dish here is the burger. There was a burger with regular ground beef, ground duck and Fois Gras - I would definitely recommend this meal to anyone.

Another interesting fact to note about the restaurants is that the teams at all the restaurants were largely native to the countries where the restaurant foods were from. I found this particularly cool because it gave me a taste of various different cultures.

Overall, I had an unbelievable experience at the Atlantis. From the beach party to the nightclub at night to the really cool water park where conveyer belts prevent you from having to wait in line for the slides, the Atlantis in Dubai is one of the coolest places I have ever been to and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Guest123456789
Reviewed June 9, 2009

had an great offer in the paper, emeriates were great airline. Hotel fab, rooms lovely and new. Exceptionally clean. Food excellent. Kids aged from 47 to 8!! Loved the water park, went all day every day. Very hot tho, too hot to sit in, we were all wedged in the rings being blasted around the water park, loved it loved it loved it.!! Amazing and cant wait to return...expensive!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank rockySouthWales
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The hotel demanded a visit due to all the hype and granduer surrounding the launch so wehn we discovered reasonable tariff to stay we opted in. Of course, many others also opted in which unfortunately ment that the 5* hotel was not represented by the best crowd it deserved.

Rooms are basic but comfortable, room service menu leaves a lot to be desired. The bathroom was excellent!

The star attractions are no doubt the aquamarine life on display, adventure park and the dolphin experience. They are absolutely fantastic and very much recommended for families with kids of all ages! All have surcharges, nothing is included.

The pools are fine (they have more than one). What is good that they have a baby pool for little kids.

The main issue is the construction surrounding the hotel. One view from the hotel room is of the sea (plain and simple) and the other side is their beach (which is not swim worthy) and city view of construction and a few buildings in the distance.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Gitu78Rocks
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Just returned from 6 night stay at Atlantis.Having previously stayed at Atlantis in Bahamas we did compare hotels a bit, but made allowances for the fact that there is obviously no casino in Dubai and it wasnt Americanised like Bahamas.
We were booked into Deluxe room and the first one we were given smelt badly of damp and had lovely view of the top of a generator so after compaining we were given a sea view with balcony.The view from the Royal Pool was very dissapointing.Basically a sky scraper skyline looms over you, numerous building works still taking place and the monorail leading to the Palm is frankly a eyesore to say the least.
The price of food and drink in hotel bars and restraunts is a joke, £8 for bottle of corona,We took our own alcohol in from duty free and saved a fortune.If visiting Dubai for relaxing break do yourself a favour and stay in the Mina a Salam

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joysgirl
Reviewed June 7, 2009

If you want to have a great hotel and get some of that Arabian feeling of Dubai you have to come to the Atlantis the Palm. Yes it is big but it is so worth it. It is one of the best Hotels I've stayed at in the bigger cities and it had by far the best service and breakfast buffet you'll ever see.
Absolutely amazing!!!
I would have loved to stay a little longet to indulge in some of the many hotel offerings such as the water park, aquarium, spa......
I can only recommend this place. If you're lucky you'll get a good deal for the room rate.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple