22,245 results
All reviews imperial club water park lost chambers dolphin bay royal pool east tower nasimi beach half board dolphin experience ronda locatelli saffron restaurant leap of faith aqua venture zero entry free entry kids club hotel guests
Reviewed November 6, 2009

The service was excellent, very attentive and non obtrusive.
We were upgraded upon arrival to a suite as our room was not available, the Suite was the Regal which was wonderful.

Food was fantastic with loads of restaurants, but very pricey

The Location was at the end of the Palm Islands so you were effectively a captive of the resort with children. Felt cut off from Dubai to the extent that apart from the Sun you could have been at any luxurious resort anywhere.

The Hotel is stunning with the most incredible Indoor Aquarium which was captivating.

Prices for Drinks and Food was excessive to say the least, we went on a Half Board Package which so the saving for 5 Days for a family of 4 was approx £700.00 on Dinner each day.

Amenities are very good with all that you need in the resort, and the Largest Water Park in the Middle East apparently.

Liked the Room and the service the best, Didnt get any feel whatsover that we were in Dubai as we were so remote from the city.

Wouldnt return to the Atlantis due to crowds, very sterile in feel. And the prices were ridiculously expensive for everything.

Reviewed November 6, 2009

we stayed for 8 nights over the half term break. we arrived at the hotel at midnight local time, our room was ready but unfortunatley we had to phone down for a cot for our 3month old baby. it was brought to our room very promptly, along with a sterilising unit and nappy disposer, we hadnt requested these items but were impressed with it all the same. we were also given complimentary baby toiletries, another nice touch. Our room was very clean and made up every day, with a turn down service every evening. this is a very impressive hotel and has excellent facilities for children. the zero entry pool was great for our children aged 7 and 2, plenty of lifeguards in attendace at all times. the royal pool was the same. the aqua park gets very busy, alot of holiday makers form other hotels pay to visit for the day, so i would advise to get there early to guarantee some sun loungers. again there are plenty of lifeguards in attendace.
we were on BB here, the saffron buffet is very good with plenty of choice, the staff are very helpful and accommodating. breakfast finishes here at 1130am, there is no charge for under 3's. food and drink is expensive, if half board is available it is worth considering doing that. a bottle of red wine starts at 140dhs. happy hour at nisimi beach is on 4-6pm, its has a very relaxing atmosphere with 'fatboy' beanbags, the shore serves mexican food which was very nice. there they have happy hour 6-8 with live cuban music.
the shops on the 'avenue' are very nice but the prices are very expensive and I would beware of this, i bought a pair of vivienne westwood sunglasses and the mark up is 200%.
the atlantis dubai isnt quite as big as the atlantis in the bahamas, this isnt a critisism just an observation. we would definately return to the atlantis, its an impressive hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2009

This was my first visit to Dubai although my husband has been before, I would probably go back but not to the Atlantis. The hotel is very big and very tacky and actually reminded me of a glorified Alton Towers resort, at least you know what to expect there! We went for buffet breakfast and had to queue up every day for at least 10 minutes, I was charged for a full priced breakfast when I only had coffee. Everything is extremely expensive, we had to pay £9.00 for a packet of baby wipes. The restaurants were average apart from Seafire where we had a fantastic meal and service.
The waterpark was good and our children age range 11-15 all enjoyed it but brace yourselves for the fight for a sunbed either at the waterpark, by the pool or on the beaches, we soon learnt you had to play the game and get out there at 7am and put the towels on the beds.

2  Thank KentSara
Reviewed November 6, 2009

This hotel had a lot of hype around it and it lived up to everything we heard. We managed to find a great deal with Dreamticket, who had reduced their rates by 40% in September, so it was perfect. The kid's had a blast and mummy and daddy had a very relaxing trip.

Date of stay: September 2009
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Although this is an expensive hotel, I would not hesitate to go back. You are completely spoiled and everything is to a high standard. The restaurant prices are comparable to the rest of Dubai and if you do your homework you can eat reasonably outwith the hotel. I would recommend the buffet breakfast. There is a huge chocolate fountain and my childrens eyes nearly popped out their heads when they saw it. Any where you eat in Dubai is better than the Uk, even KFC in the malls is better!!

The waterpark is great. The slides are suitable for everyone even if you are not keen on this sort of thing and you can spend hours going round the rapids.

The only thing that let the hotel down for me was the sand at the beach. It looks manmade compared to the actual Jumeirah beach which is so white and soft. However you don't need to go the beach as the pools are great.

I would recommend this hotel if you have kids because it is very family friendly. If I was only going with my husband I would stay somewhere else. Check out Coldstone the ice cream shop in the hotel it is great.