“Perfect place for a trip to UAE”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #120 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Great family holiday destination with all facilities and amenities you can dream of.
Fabulous waterpark included.

Imperial Club Tower Suite - 2 bedroom suite, dated but clean and huge and very nice. Air con worked great, plenty of room, kids 17 & 14 had double bed each. A suite is worth considering as it provides membership to Imperial Club which offers comp food & so drinks throughout the day with a happy hr 5-7 serving alcoholic drinks on the house and a hot snack buffet. Imperial club has its own exclusive beach front.

Only downside is the hotel , well Dubai really is very Expensive to eat and drink, that said you're on holiday so go for it

Great resort staff and location

Room Tip: A Tower Suite is a Must Have as gives free access to Imperial Club
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JEZ230
Serge_Zaalof, Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residences at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that your visit was enjoyable. However, I truly regret that we did not meet your expectations. I have taken good note of your feedback and will discuss with my team during the next review exercise of our products and services.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residences

Write a ReviewReviews (17,993)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Impressive structure that is certainly worth visiting and staying but just for a couple of days...because it's too crowded, too big, and not very charming after all... Also outside on the road side there is always a huge traffic of tourists... many of them also inside the hotel, just visiting it... people who come here are of every type, local business men for meetings, super rich who want to show off, new rich who want to show off... the beach is disappointing with view on the access road to the Palm, always full of traffic. There are so many rooms that seems to be in a huge condo... normal rooms are not very large in Dubai terms and very close to each other... it takes time to do form anywhere to anywhere...not relaxing at all. Too many people around everywhere, especally in the restaurants, with huge line for breakfast... The best part is the lobby, really impressive with the Murano glass fountain in the middle. Really a symbol of opulence...

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank IonAlexAndre
Serge_Zaalof, other at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely apologise for the crowd issues that you have encountered at the resort. Please be assured that we are constantly innovating on our products and services to continuously enhance the experience of our guests, particularly with respect to the crowd. In fact, we currently have in place several access control procedures to ensure that certain areas of the resort remain for resident guests only.

Coupled with the above, I am saddened to know that the scenery at the Nasimi Beach was not as per your expectations. Although the road traffic congestion is something beyond our control, I have taken good note of your suggestions and will discuss them with my team to ensure that we consistently meet the expectations of our guests.

Moreover, I am truly surprised to read your comments about our room size as it is an element which is always praised by all our guests. Nonetheless, our guests always have an option to upgrade to a higher category of room and enjoy larger rooms with added benefits and features.

Furthermore, I sincerely regret to learn about your breakfast experience. Delays would normally happen when many guests come for breakfast at the same time. Although I do not have an immediate solution for this, I can assure you that we will look into the matter very seriously. Having said this, another restaurant is always opened as an additional option for our guests to have their breakfast during busy period apart from Saffron and Kaleidoscope buffet restaurants to ensure that we are consistently providing the best dining experience to our guests.

On a more positive note, the magnificent art of over 3,000 handmade glass pieces by Dale Chihuly is truly a masterpiece and is appreciated by all our guests. I am delighted to know that you too found this impressive and opulent.

Thank you once again for your feedback. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We had 5 nights In a corner suite with an a joining room as was five of us. We had just flown in from Rome, on an early arrival . although our rooms were not ready yet we were given access to the imperial club lounge wh we re we were able to rest relax and have a early breakfast as it was only 9:30 a.m.

TRANSFERS

Transfer was included in thepackage and it was prompt efficient seamless in a comfortable Chevrolet. Driver from Nepal ( Kumar) N was really conversan n was willing to share his local knowledge on the trip back to airport. It gave us a real insight as to how migrant workers live work N socialise in Dubai

Checkin

Check in was at the VIP royal Majlis reception lounge carried out with a minimum of fuss. We were eary but. were still served hot or cold drinks and were given refreshment towels and some sweet dates . They observed that I was wobbling on my feet and offered a wheelchair for the duration of my stay which I happily took up

Our host Charlene took time to clearly explain the facilities N the privileges with access to the lounge; breakfast at lounge or at the Kaleidoscope International buffet or the Chinese Saffron Restaurant: there are the snacks and soft drinks at the lounge all day, afternoon tea serving choice of sandwiches some hot food biscuits fruits and An Arabian desert. There is also happy hour serving alcoholic drinks canapes.

As we were early the rooms were not ready and we were allowed to use the imperial club Lounge to breakfast relax away from the crowded chaotic general reception area, a real blessing after 10 hours of flying transitting from Paris

Even at check out she took time to engages us in conversation to genuinely enquire how we enjoyed the trip. this was done as if you really cared and not just as a functionality of a job! Charlene. is really very professional engaging and puts up a personal touch so necessary for a large organisation withe some 6000 employees

Imperial club lounge

The Lounge located in each the east N West wing is really blessed being private exclusive N somewhere to relax N hideaway from the constantly active resort

the staff there are professional however the food r all of a high quality was limited in selection

They are obviously different levels of waiters with one Level exclusive doing the cleaning and clearing away of the tables and another level serving the guest. Arnesh was at this second level but he was superb as he extended himself to help me bring My tea/drink and food to the table due to my handicap. Anish took time to engage with ALL of my family to ask especially my children how they had enjoyed the day N really made our visit personable. Anish was doing this not only for us but to many other familes making the visit so much more nicer. He really cares for the guest!!!

Suite

The suite was large and well furnished with all the requirements and amenities provided at a higher leve.l! ( our kids in an adjoining. std room had amenities of a lower quality and size but still adequate) we were in suite 9450 in the east wing and with great views over the palm frond, hotel pool N dubail Skyline! It was sufficient ly high enough to avoid the sight sounds N songs from the pool and the discotheque

despite all the basic requirements being pr provided it lacked personality eg No turndown service in the evrening nor were the curtains drawn at night. We found everything was just spik and span with touch of character. Maybe for such a large hotel resort and so many employees it is very very hard to install that personality and personal touch

Resort facilities

My children really enjoy the facilities bof the resort espe CV iwlly the water park, the encounter with the mantq Ray seal N tthe dolphins . the kids also went snorkling and scuba diving

The event are all quite expensesive hoowever for that experience and memories it created was quite workwhile!! They Even charge for the parents to go in and accompany the children Although we did not participate in the event. Do you really should let the parents go in for free as they are play for the safety and at confidence for the children when they are so youngm

Restaurants

Be free restaurants included in the package all quite adequate in providing good quality food with more than enough quantity to feed the masses. Obviously they are very very crowded at peak times and you really have to get organised.

This is inconsistent but generally speaking it is of a high standard. Yes I am handicapped sometimes I was given priority in the queue and other times are waiting to be 20 minutes in line to get through. But when they are not busy and they see me struggling to take the food from the counter to my table they always offer to help !

Kaleidoscope restaurant serves and international Buffet and provides a true range of breakfast items for anybody. Surprisingly egg counter was a little bit in different at Times serving burnt fried egg and it had to be returned. I found that the kitchen made the best poached eggs Benedict.

As I wasn't feeling the best I had rice porridge or congee. This was accompanied with a wide variety of pickles but no salted egg or preserve eggs. I was content to accompany my rice porridge with bacon and other meat available from the counter. Surprisingly the beef bacon and Turkey bacon were cook quite nicelly

saffron is posted as the best Chinese restaurant in Dubai

We did not have a Chinese meal there but we did have a number of Asian breakfast ! Variety of Asian food is really great and the attempt to make it authentic is a great effort. they are dishes from all over Asia including Chinese. Malaysian Korean Indian etc. With the congee they even have salted egg.

Conclusion

It's a fabulous Resort very large very professional and very well Run but like all such organisations it is distant and lack personality and character. If you do not have a few people like Charlene, Anna and especially Anish, we would not consider returning! yes these are the people who had personality character N special touch that makes the holiday unique N paying the big dollars worthwhile. THANK YOU Anesh , Anna N Charlene!!!

1  Thank AllenV50

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Whilst I am delighted that your experience was enjoyable, I am concerned that we were not able to exceed your expectations. Nonetheless, I have shared your comments with the team for review and action accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and I am looking forward to having you again as a guest in Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Arrived back from the Atlantis, two days ago, extremely disappointed. I had been looking forward to this trip for months.

It is no doubt that the facilities are very good, but it's not always the look that makes up the experience. Sadly our trip was ruined by the quality of service.

When we arrived to use the spa, on two separate occasions we were let in with no question of our ages. On the third occasion of visiting I was refused entry due to being under 16. This I found completely unacceptable as we had not been informed the previous two times. Still, to no surprise, we were refused entry. We had to call for the spa manager - who did nothing to solve the problem. Leaving us to call for the hotel manager who finally sorted the problem by "allowing" us to enter.

Overall the general service from the staff was rather poor. Not to mention that the breakfasts were incredibly busy and the tables were very untidy - personally I'm not a big fan of eating breakfast with baked beans around my feet.

People come here because of the look of the hotel, but the experience is what matters. Very disappointing.

2  Thank MillyMoo03
Serge_Zaalof, Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residences at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am truly disappointed to learn about the situation that you have faced at ShuiQi Spa & Fitness. I wish to sincerely apologise for any miscommunication that might have happened regarding our ShuiQi Spa's age restriction. This is truly not reflective of the high standards of service that we uphold. Having said this, I am glad to know that my team had managed to resolve the situation satisfactorily. Rest assured that we are committed to the continuous training of our team in order to minimise any form of a miscommunication and to make sure our age restrictions in ShuiQi Spa & Fitness are enforced effectively.

Moreover, I have also noted your concern regarding the ambience during breakfast at one of our restaurants and your comments have been passed on to our Food and Beverage team for their review and action.

Thank you once again for your feedback on TripAdvisor. My team and I look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Ok so absolutely loved our stay with highlights being Aquapark and super spacious comfortable rooms.

Problems:
Check in is a disaster, surely in this digital and age the process can be made more efficient.
Staff oblivious to booking requests made months in advance which is poor and caused unnecessary frustration for all parties.

Getting into breakfast is also a slow and antiquated process - come on Team Atlantis Dubai, get out of your comfort zone and reinvent this process. Not a good start to a day with people pushing you in que etc.

Expensive hotel which I do really like but need to sharpen up to be acknowledged as a Five Star Family resort.

3  Thank Drew K
Serge_Zaalof, Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residence at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Whilst it was a pleasure to have you as our guest at Atlantis, The Palm, we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. Feedback like yours is very important to us and please be assured that your comments have been passed on to the team to see any required improvement and action.

Chief Operating Officer, Atlantis Resorts & Residence

Reviewed 14 January 2018

The website of this hotel does not do it justice. The actual place is so much more. An amazing feel of luxury all around. Beautiful hotel with beautiful rooms. Our room was on the 10th floor overlooking the city at a distance and the view was simply amazing. I can only fault the housekeeping of this hotel.....the person who did our room never topped up towels or toiletries and would come at 5pm to do the nightly turn down. Once we asked for more towels and toiletries they were given immediately but I do think more attention to such detail should be given as it is expected in a bed and breakfast let alone such a hotel. Otherwise the service in restaurants, rides, golf carts etc was amazing. Lots of attention given to look after their guests

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectations by providing the true Atlantis experience. I wish to thank you for your positive review as it gives me the opportunity to congratulate the whole team in upholding the highest standard of our products and services.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We returned to Atlantis palm following great experiences in the past.
The service from staff at all restaurants, aqua-venture water park and housekeepers was second to none as before. The food variety is great and the best resort for families especially with young ones.

One downside was the change to the half board voucher. It means that you are not entitled to use the voucher for a lunch meal. This is a shame as if you are out in the evening then you lose your pre paid voucher. This lack of flexibility is a shame as you should be able to eat when you want as before.

The only other downside is the hotel
Reception staff. They are not as accommodating as other parts of the hotel. As returning guests there was a lack of personal touch especially from manager Charity. She requires further training in being polite to customers and friendly.

We would return for a 6th time but would hope there was more of a personal touch similar to other hotels.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rmj05

Dear Guest,

I am grateful that you chose to visit Atlantis, The Palm but I do regret to learn that we have missed the mark in meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we will strive to better enhance our guest experience with us.