Some of the lovely old staff have moved on and some upward and we were disappointed not to see "old friends" however our new friends and some old ones are just as lovely and our disappointment soon disappeared.
Once again arriving on the overnight flight we arrived at the hotel at 9.00am, with a little juggling and a warm welcome from Jayas (old, young friend) and a glass of something cold and refreshing a room was found ready for us and it was our best room yet with amazing views.
So finally we would say do not stay here unless you like:
The best afternoon tea ever
Peace and quiet
And everything else that makes a perfect holiday destination.
If the above fits you then just a word of warning the one down side, as in all Dubai hotels, is the cost of booze, we had 2 glasses each of champagne on a tour of The Palm Hotel - cost £135 or £34 each! But boy did we enjoy it sitting in the sun drinking ice cold, good quality champagne.
I always have my small walk on case empty and fill it with half a dozen bottles of wine a before departure. You can also visit the Duty Free at Dubai airport after collecting you cases. This advice will save you hundreds of pounds. They will always lend you a cork screw if you forget to bring one. But check the limit you are allowed to each carry in Dubai.
A little note on service I ordered a paper to be delivered every day - day one the bellboy looked in our room to deliver it, we were not there, he checked the dining room, not there, then the pool and finally found us on the beach and found us everyday without fail. He could so easily have just left it in the room.
And beautiful flowers and chocolates on our wedding anniversary.
If the management read this just one small point on the peace and quiet front you must do something about the party boats just off the beach at the week-ends they can be noisy, I will right to you separately about this with some ideas.
But we will definitely return in the Autumn. We will probably do a few days first in The Palm followed by a few days here, as we know we will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence & Spa is an intimate sanctuary for those who wish to indulge in the comforts of prosperity with its own private reception and Dining Room and Library exclusive to guests staying in any of the 48 rooms and suites or the free-standing beachfront Garden Villa.The Arabian-styled private residences, each cared for by a specifically-selected, dedicated team, house a retreat of 1 Garden Villa, 16 Suites and 32 Prestige Rooms. Spacious and created with the finest detailing, all are sea facing with private balcony or terrace, and the elegant Garden Villa also provides a luxurious and ornate environment within the most exclusive part of the resort.Within the elegant courtyard entrance of Residence & Spa, guests will find the Health and Beauty Institute, an oasis of relaxation featuring the One&Only Spa, Oriental Hammam, the Pedi:Mani:Cure Studio by Bastien Gonzalez and hair salon by Alexandre Zouari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence&Spa At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Residence&Spa At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Residence Hotel Dubai
- Residence Resort Dubai