All reviews bay square double tree burj khalifa business bay area la mer bay club pizza express nice hotel shuttle service guest relations pool bar housekeeping team corner room front desk staff the hotel offers i highly recommend this hotel f b
Reviewed April 3, 2018

This is still a relatively new hotel, situated approx 15 minutes taxi drive from the Dubai Mall. It's located in the business bay (which like a lot of Dubai is still being developed), thus the surrounding buildings aren't quite the finished article as yet.
The hotel was nicely decorated, we stayed in an entry level room and it was spacious, well equipped and the bathroom especially was of a high standard. Breakfast was an enjoyable experience, lots of choice of food and beverages, areas to sit both indoors and outdoors and it was a relaxed self service affair. The staff were polite, courteous and helpful throughout our stay.
Minor grumbles - the pool area is small and was often too crowded for my personal preference and I have no idea why the hotel insists on blaring out poor quality music poolside without respite? We also got a little tired of waiting for the elevators, there was no option to use the stairwell (it wasn't allowed), thus even to travel from the 2nd floor (pool) to the restaurant (level 1), you had no choice other than to use the elevator (expect to wait).
Other than that as a new hotel a lot of the taxi drivers (more often than not) did not know where the hotel was, so I would advise taking a screen shot of google maps on your phone to share with them for your return visits after a day/night out. Certainly a tip for any taxi travel in Dubai is to ensure that your driver knows the location where you want to go before you set off. Though an excellent way to get around (cheap and direct), often the drivers seemed a little clueless as to where you wanted to go. A little prep work before you set out on Google maps etc will stand you in good stead...
In summary, a nice hotel, well located and I would use again if visiting Dubai.

Stayed: March 2018
5  Thank Purplevilla
Remco W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai – Business Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Purplevilla,
Thank you for your stay and review. We have added sun lounges at The Bay Club as the venue indeed gets bustling and will check on the choice of music and elevators sequence.
We have a shuttle for free to the major landmarks; Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, La Mer Beach and DIFC / DWTC,
Hope to see you soon back! Best regards, Remco

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I planned my first visit to Dubai without knowing what to expect. I was happily surprised that I made the right selection of the Doubletree by Hilton Business Bay Dubai!! I arrived completely exhausted after a 13-hr nonstop flight. I had been in contact with the hotel to advise them that I would be arriving early (about 10 am) and would appreciate an early check-in. When I arrived, I was told by the front desk that my room was not ready and that I should check with the front desk at 1pm. I went out for lunch and came back to the hotel with the hope that my room was ready. Of course, it was not. I simply had no energy to keep chasing on room availability. By 2pm, I had been awake for 36 hrs and was a complete zombie without much energy to even speak. As I sat in the lobby, I wondered if my room would ever be ready. A female manager, Naila, noticed me sitting in the lobby alone for hours. Naila rushed over to me with so much kindness. Naila offered me water or tea so that she could sort out the source of the delay. Within 15 minutes, Naila sorted out my room, grabbed my hand luggage and personally escorted me to my room. I was so happy, but could show little emotion because I was overcome with exhaustion. Naila upgraded my room to the most spectacular room on the top floor with a view of the Burj Khalifa! I woke up feeling like a princess! Naila checked on me the next day to make sure that I was comfortable and to see if I needed anything. The next morning at breakfast, Naila made me her special tea with mint leaves and continued to apologize for the room delay. I can never put into words how happy I felt with Naila's personal attention. I loved my room and could watch the beautiful Burj Khalifa light show from my bed! It was simply amazing!! Thank you AGAIN, Mama Naila!! Naila's commitment to customer service is exemplary!! I witnessed Naila assisting guests down to the smallest detail. The hotel itself is beautiful with a spectacular rooftop pool! The hotel is in a great location near the Dubai Mall and has a shuttle to a spectacular beach called La Mer and the equally spectacular, Dubai Mall. Naila's level of personal service was unsurpassed!! Naila and her team from the food and beverage staff are perfect hosts. I would recommend this hotel to all of my family, friends and colleagues!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
7  Thank michelle h
Remco W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai – Business Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Dear michelle h, Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our Guest Relations Champ of Dubai and beyond.. and we join you in saying 'Applause Naila!' Hope to welcome you soon back, with a room ready upon arrival rather this time..so sorry for that.. Sincerely, Remco & Team

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Great hotel in a great location 20mins in a taxi from everywhere in Dubai, the hotel is new but feels like its always been there, i was greeted with the no problem sir we can do that!!! earlier check in wow thats always a great start after a overnight flight, the brand double tree i find the best overall value for money in that sector.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
9  Thank JamesT5362

Dear James T, Thank you for great review! Best regards, Remco & Team

Reviewed April 1, 2018

My family and I spent 3 days at the Doubletree and I am sorry to say I was disappointed. There was nothing major wrong just lots of small hiccups.

When my husband and I got to our room the mini bar was completely empty so we could not make a drink, but it was nearly midnight so we decided to leave it till the morning. When we went down to breakfast we mentioned it to the front desk. After breakfast we went out, we returned at 3pm and still nothing had been replaced in the room or the room cleaned.

The hotel lobby is so busy that trying to get a taxi can take ages.. and at 3 pm when the desert safari cars are collecting passengers it becomes slightly crazy.

If you have a early checkout this is a problem as the system is still running on the night time system so they can’t check your account to see if anything is owing so they expect you to leave without them closing your account and just trust they do it correctly.

Location perfect for sightseeing, rooms and beds comfortable..

Would I stay at the DoubleTree again.. absolutely not.. I am back to the Park Hyatt.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank whittlelisaj
Remco W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai – Business Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear whittlelisaj, My sincere apologies that your stay was below expectations. I was sorry to learn you met with few hiccups. Your feedback has been taken to heart by all Team and to rectify earliest, in order we continue to exceed our guests' expectations as we are accustomed to. Hope you give us a second chance upon a next occasion, Sincerely, Remco & Team

Reviewed April 1, 2018

On my lats trip to Dubai I debated - to stay in Hilton Dubai Creek or to "test drive" a new Double Tree hotel in Business Bay, which, in fact, is so new - it is not even on the list of hotels for chauffeur driving by Emirates Airlines. So I took my chances.
And I was VERY SATISFIED with my short stay and very impressed with the staff.
My special thanks goes to Naila Al Mazroui, a Guest Relations Supervisor. She went above and beyond of hers duties and treated me as family.

And of course I MUST mention the host of the Oud - a cafeteria at the reception level.
It is co-located along side with Starbucks, but make no mistake... Forget Starbucks, and ask my friend Ahmed, host of the Oud, to make you some real Turkish / Arabic coffee... It is honestly among THE BEST coffee I had lately. Ahmed made it absolutely correctly, starting with the cold water. He did made some mistake with the first run, I think he let my coffee to boil (which is total no-no. So, he discarded it and made me a new jeswa. Once again, IT WAS SO GOOD... Try it for yourself, and you will absolutely not regret it!

Room Tip: Look for the room with a view towards Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
8  Thank eugene_kislenko

Dear eugene_kislenko, Thank you for trying us out and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and you made new friends like our fab Guest Relations boss Naila and our Barista man Ahmed, Hope to welcome you soon back, Best regards, Remco & Team