6,516 results
All reviewsjumeirah beachside sea viewbeach matsluxury roominfinity poolpublic beachswim up barrestaurants and shopsjunior suitesun loungersexcellent hotelthe club loungeduring ramadanfive star hotelspecial thankslong flightearly check
Reviewed April 4, 2018

In February 2018 I stayed for two nights at the Sofitel Jumeirah in Dubai. I had chosen this hotel because relatives of mine had stayed here before and had a great time. I had booked a sea view, which was worth the extra money. The Arab Gulf right in front of you when you wake up on the morning, beautiful sun sets in the evening. The welcoming service (bell boys, reception service, check in) was extremely professional and I felt welcomed here. The rooms are decorated with dark wooden furniture and warm, golden lights. It feels very cozy. I must say that the size of the rooms is relatively small, but still OK. The wash rooms are modern and very clean. The shower worked well. There were, however, two issues: Firstly, the separating glass wall between the shower and the toilet seat was so close to the toilet that each time I bumped my head on the glass when on the toilet. Secondly, the sink did not drain properly and the water accumulated quickly. Since I was there only for two nights, I decided not to call house keeping and live with it. I am sure, had I called them, they would have fixed it. The beds are perfectly comfortable. The breakfast buffet was amazing, I have rarely seen such a rich and high quality breakfast. It is similar to some of the other top-class hotels in the Middle East. The quality of the food was generally very, very good (great fruit, excellent cereals, fantastic made-to-order eggs, delicious Asian dishes and so on). The breakfast staff was mostly very professional, always friendly and respectful and worked efficiently. About the location, one could say that the Dubai Eye which they are building right in front of the hotel (almost complete), is a little bothersome, as it blocks or disturbs some of the unspoiled view of the sea. Otherwise, if you like the atmosphere of The Walk, this is your spot. The Sofitel is right in the middle of it. There is a huge choice of bigger and smaller nice cafes, bars and restaurant very close by. All in all it was a very positive and memorable experience and I would recommend this place. Just make sure to ask about the lay-out of the wash rooms, so you don't bang your head against the shower glass each time you're on the toilet!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
SofitelDubaiJBR, Responsable relations publiques at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Dear Valued Customer,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach for your stay in Dubai

I am happy to hear that you had a great holiday in Dubai and that our hotel perfectly matched your expectations.

We will certainly share your comenter with our colleagues.
I am convinced that this can have an effect to provide an even better service.
I hope we can welcome you again in our hotel. and that your next trip will be as good or better as your previous one.

Warm Regards,

Salma Istembouli
In Charge of Guest Experience

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We stayed for three nights in March and had a perfect stay.Our room was on the 11th floor and we had a glorious view of the beach. At check-in the staff member was exceptionally welcoming and showed great concern that we had a room that met our requirements and then personally escorted us to the room. The suitcases arrived within minutes. The room itself was very clean which was a reflection of the cleaner on that floor who we met a number of times and was extremely polite and caring. Breakfast was a buffet affair and comprehensive and again the staff were excellent in clearing away plates etc and providing tea and coffee. Would highly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Guest Experience Manager
omayma.mourai@sofitel.com

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Absolutely fantastic place to stay. Staff is awesome and super helpful, it's super close to the beach and the possibilities to walk and shop around are great. Breakfast is great and the small appetizers and sandwiches in the 31st floor club are tasty and well presented.

Even though I give 5 stars, I still wanna nitpick :-)

- The pool could use an overhaul, as it starts to show it's age.
- For the extra bit of awesome, free water at the pool should be handed out
- Places at the pool are very quickly occupied, sometimes by ppl. who just block them and go away for hours. Staff did it's best to handle it though.
- Dress code and good behavior in the Club on the 31st is not properly "enforced". Sounds snobby, but when everyone wears proper shoes and long pants the staff should ask people who come in muscle shirts & flip flops and watch TV loudly or watch Instagram videos on full volume (yes, all of that happened) to adhere to the rules... it's supposed to be a quiet place after all.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach.

I am thrilled to read that you had a pleasant stay! It is rewarding to receive positive feedback from our guests.

Your kind comments are very valuable to us, and encouraging to our hardworking team who genuinely cares about making our guests feel welcomed and comfortable.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Guest Experience Manager Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Firstly the staff are excellent here .. the guys down at the infinity pool work very hard and in hot weather conditions.
And the staff around the Hotel are brilliant.
The rooms are excellent and very clean.
But there is one small problem and that is there is only 1 small pool with limited sunbeds.
Which meant you had to get up early and get a sunbed before they all go.This is a real shame, you could go the beach which meant you had cross a road to get to it.
I stopped at the Sofitel Palm last year and they had private beach and 3 pools, which meant you had no problem getting a sunbed.
One of the main reasons Brits come to Dubai is the sun and we make the most of it by lazing about the pool.
This Hotel would have got excellent off me if wasnt for the lack of pools and sunbeds.
This is a real shame as the Hotel is very good and other wise i would not hesitate and going back there.

3  Thank Joe B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach.

I am sorry that your experience at Amsterdam Hub did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel Hotels & Resorts, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Salma Istembouli
In Charge of Guest Experience

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Very good service, nice location, friendly staff, good rooms, recommended ... i like their breakfast options, i like their hospitality while we were waiting for our room to get ready, there is really nothing wrong you can say about thus place

Stayed: April 2018