“Quiet & Comfortable Oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubai
The Jumeirah Garden Guesthouse
Ranked #21 of 63 Dubai B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Quiet & Comfortable Oasis”
Reviewed 13 August 2010

My friend and I stayed at the Jumeirah Gardens Guesthouse during a stopover on our way to Europe.

The Guesthouse is located in a quiet area - this means you pretty much have to take a taxi anywhere you want to go, but this does not matter, as the taxis are very cheap!

You cannot walk to any nearby shops or services. It is important to bring the map provided with you, and not just when you first arrive, but whenever you take a taxi.

Our room was not ready when we arrived early in the morning from a long haul flight, due to a miscommunication (not the fault of the owners). Although we received a bit of friction because of this - which was unfortunate, as it was an honest mistake and we were exhausted after our flight - the problem was promptly sorted.

The rooms were lovely, very comfortable and spacious. The bathrooms were on the simple side, and could do with some upgrading. The aircon worked well, and believe me, this is important! There was a beautiful pool for guest use.

Breakfast was fine - juices, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, and other things like toast and eggs could be ordered.

We particularly loved chatting to Chef Andy, who is a lovely bloke! We did not eat in the restaurant, as we were only there one night and went out to the Madinat Souk for dinner, however by all accounts the food is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank lightwork

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Had a great stay at this small Boutique hotel off the beaten track of all the usual 5star properties in Dubai. I visit Dubai quite regularly and wanted something a little different. Had heard of this Gem through word of mouth from friends who live and travel in the Middle East. It met all my expectations from Food to the wonderful service and friendly hands on atmosphere. Paul recommended us to dine at least once during our stay, this was such a fun experience. Our 6 course dinner was served by both Paul and the Chef, it was like our own "Chefs Table ". Will definitely be back when the weather is a little more suited for laying out by the pool and enjoy the Hotel to its full capacity.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 July 2010

We booked into this "boutique" hotel to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary..after having trouble even finding the hotel, I was disappointed with the entire layout of the property. The pool is barely a paddling pool, we had to switch rooms because the room had a foul smell in the bathroom. We moved into a nicer room which was loaded with ants!!!! We came home at night to find a wall gecko running around the room, ants in the bed, and air conditioning which didnt work properly.
Also there is a small TV in the rooms but no TV channels-only a choice of poorly pirated DVDs..The room came with a prepaid mobile phone-so you can contact the staff, I was not told that I was actually being CHARGED for this privellege!!!! ]
Breakfast was ok, we were served by a swearing chef! not very professional.
I would certainly not be recommending this hotel to anyone...Also I am shocked as to who can give this place a good review! A total waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank SunshineHaven
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I stayed on my way to australia
I was met very early from my flight so I could access my room straight away
The bedroom was good, the bathroom was awful, out dated and the shower head broke when i turned it on and nearly hit me. I had to ask twice for this to be replaced.
Average b&b

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Tracie0909
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We chose this cheaper option as we planned to be out enjoying Dubai with our friends so just needed a base. We were however very keen to experience it based on all the amazing reviews it has had in the region recently.

The management was very good at answering my emails as I wanted to plan a birthday dinner whilst we stayed and had dietary requirments and also needed a map.

Unfortunately whilst we were staying their chef (not the celebrity one which the reviews are based on - as he is not working over the summer due to commitments in the UK) decided to leave and so we were not able to have our dinner which was dissapointing as we had heard so much about the food. However the manager kindly made us a reservation at another restaurant and sorted us a taxi.

Our room had a problem with the A/C and it leaked the whole time we were there. There was also a problem with ants in the room.

I had checked before - but the hotel does not take credit cards and also no toileteries in rooms - I do think this info should be on the website.

Overall though we were comfortable and looked after by Paul and the lady manager (sorry I forgot her name) and their team. I think it was value for money and if they are iron out the few problems they have will definately be back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank GandTBahrain
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Based on the reviews, website, and attractive pricing, we decided to try the Jumierah Garden, a "boutique" hotel in the huge city that Dubai has become.

We're not sad to say that we will not be returning. Despite numerous phone calls and e-mails to confirm the reservation, we never received an e-mail confirmation of rate, cancellation policy, or directions (given the obscure location) despite asking for them on multiple occasions.

The night before we were due to check-in, we e-mailed to cancel as we had not yet received anything, and to our surprise we received a response within five minutes stating a 48 hour cancellation policy and that we would have to pay if we didn't show (even though they didn't have our payment information). Despite our hesitation, we wanted to honour the commitment and checked-in to the hotel.

While the room and common areas were decorated in a "Contemporary style", the condition of our bathroom was atrocious; seriously dated and in desperate need of a renovation; whoever called this place luxurious and quaint must have been staying somewhere else.

The lack of any kind of bath products was shocking (especially as we weren't advised that none would be provided), and when we returned from a day out at 5:30pm, we found that our room had not been made nor cleaned. We had to ask for it to be done.

The obscure location, dated bathroom, and poor management mean that not only will we not be returning, but we will proactively be telling others not to stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RiteshDoshi
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We can't speak too highly of this place. Comfortable and spacious. Breakfast by the swimming pool is delightful. The staff are friendly and attentive. The mobile phone provided is a bonus even if the top-up is not included in the tariff. It is in a quiet location, so make sure you have a map as most taxi drivers need directions to find it. We were glad we picked this guest house in preference to the boring chain hotels and the rather tatty looking places in old Dubai.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple