“Beautiful Hotel - Prefect Location”
Review of Address Dubai Mall

Address Dubai Mall
Ranked #110 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful Hotel - Prefect Location”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Excellant hotel located in the best location with direct access to the Dubai Mall and Gold Souk. Staff were very friendly and took all care to attend to my requests and needs during my stay. The location is very well serviced by the metro, the hop off / on bus and taxi's and is only 15mins from the airport. Views were nice however whilst I appreciated the upgrade ( thanks team !! ) the suite was overlooking the pool area which the views weren't as nice. However, very minor issue unless your adamant on street views or prefer not to be looking over a pool area.. Another minor issue , please install power outlet for hairdryers in the bathrooms outlets, these were in the main suite but not in the bathroom. Breakie was beautiful and big thanks to the team for letting me in half an hour prior to your open time so i wouldn't miss my car to the airport Sunday morning, cant tell you what a difference having a great run up prior to a 14 hour flight does. Most important aspect for me was feeling safe and secure as a tourist on my own and this hotel and staff went out of their way to provide that sense of security. Thanks for a great two days in Dubai - I'm coming back !!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
TADMM, Hotel Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Charlootz,
Good day and thank you very much for your positive feedback during your stay. Your letter will be shared with the entire team as they all have contributed to your satisfaction.

I personally would like to thank you for your patronage and am extremely grateful for your loyalty. We take these quite seriously and look for opportunities to build upon already great experiences.
We are very delighted that you have chosen to return to our property and I would like to assist with any arrangements you may have to optimize your next stay with us.

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to The Address Dubai Mall Hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had problems from the minute I checked in. They check-in guy could not find my booking, then found it booked 2 months after the actual date even though I had a voucher from my business agent on my computer showing him my actual check in-date. A fault of the hotel obviously but not acknowledged as such while I sat there for over 30 mins.

Things went from bad to worse when I went downstairs to the male barbers. I had not taken any money with me as I assumed I could charge it to the room. I was told by a very rude guy that this must be settled 'NOW'

I then ordered some food to the room. As i have a food allergy I spent a couple of minutes going through my allergy with the lady from room service. Obviously it was yes sir yes sir and my instructions were ignored. I had lost my wallet in KSA and had left a cash deposit downstairs, as i had also had a massage and food (i ordered a half chicken btw which in-fact was a chicken breast for around £40.) i must have gone over the deposit by a few dirhams. I had explained upon check in that this was the case and that my boss (a government minister) was checking in the following day and would cover my expenses in total. I was bombarded with calls from reception whilst trying to eat my meal, which i found out afterwards was actually going to make me ill. People were even knocking on the door asking for money. I asked four times on the telephone for the duty manager to call the room but to no avail.

The next two days every time I left the room and came back my key would not work. By this time I had had enough and went downstairs to find a manager. I explained everything to him and heard nothing back in return.

My overall impression of this hotel was it had been put together very quickly and without much thought. 99% of the staff had a very basic lack of english and once you were past "hello, how are you" they were flummoxed. I spent most evenings in the pool side restaurant called cabana smoking shisha with friends and drinking. Every member of staff was rude & moody. The only bright light was Mr Jana (and the nasi goreng - you must have it spicy) who went out of his was to make us feel welcome.

To get to the hotel in a cab is a nitemare. From the main road it's ok but if your coming from the other direction you have to go through the underground parking of the mall and after a couple of u-turns you finally arrive.

My impression of this hotel was that they just wanted your money. It was so in your face that they should be ashamed. We all know hotels are built to make money but most do it with a little class

On the positive side the gym was great as was the pool. I lived in Dubai for 4 years before the boom in the 90's and I know Dubai very well. I can name at least 20 hotels above this I would choose to stay in before having to return.

This ranks as one of the worst hotels in terms of service I have stayed in. I would never stay there again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank londonpoker
Dear Londonpoker,
Good day and thank you for your feedback. With regards to your check in and with the In room dining, there was an obvious miscommunication with the reservation and I very sorry that you were delayed for a rather inordinate amount of time. As with every situation we try to find, define and eventually alleviate any challenges especially with third party bookings. With further insight I would be able to investigate with more precision, the challenges you encountered so I may deal with them internally. I would be grateful for your assistance in gathering further insight.

Furthermore, I am concerned about the lack of service you received whilst visiting the barber shop. Although, the hair salon is a contracted company, they are still on property and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for incident – rest assured that I will deal with the concerned company personally.

I look forward to hearing from you and am glad you took the time to share your opinion with us. Once again, please accept my apologies for the challenges you experienced. It is not indicative of the level of service we provide or have come to be known for.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Arrived at the hotel, walked into the lobby and my mouth literally fell open. This was by far the most beautiful, over-the-top hotel I have ever stayed in (but after all you are in Dubai and nothing is small and cozy). Check-in was personalized and very quick. The staff was fabulous and so detail-oriented throughout the hotel. They could not do enough for you. So friendly and very personable. The hotel, as well as Dubai Mall had this great system where the most wonderful fragrances were pumped thoughout the hotel and Mall which I believe came through their venting system. As soon as you walked into the hotel and the Mall, the fragrances would hit you immediately and put you in such a calm, zen mood. Absolutely loved that. The breakfast buffet (though pricey -- wish we would have had that included in our room price) was delicious with an abundance of foods to select. They had the best fresh fruit drinks and pastries. We only had breakfast at the hotel every morning. Since the Mall was attached directly the hotel, we had dinner there in the huge selection of restaurants that the Mall offered. Overall, I only have good things to say about the hotel. Loved going out on the balcony first thing in the morning and late at night to just look at the beautiful city. Would not hesitate to stay at The Address Dubai Mall again. Nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was truly 5-star. Also, if you do nothing else YOU MUST do the Desert Safari Tour. That was the highlight of my trip. The most fun you could have in one day.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a view of the Burj Khalifa. Will cost you a bit more, but so worth it. Also...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
TADMM, Hotel Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Stephanie325,
Good day and thank you for your favourable feedback on tripadvisor. It is extremely well written, eloquent and concise, it is most beneficial as you are very descriptive!

We very much look forward to hearing from all our satisfied guests and look forward to your loyalty of which we are grateful for. Should you be returning to Dubai I would like to personally welcome you back to the hotel, please do notify me. I would very much like to build on this good foundation.

Thank you once again and I know I speak for my entire team whom with this I will share.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Address Dubai Mall fantastic for a break in Dubai
especially for shopping breaks and to hangout at the fountain area and under Burj Khalifa and try the great various restaurants
It was enjoyable stay and the staff were helpful
Our studio was very confirmable and spacious but I wasn’t impressed with the bathroom it was small comparing with our studio size they should’ve made it a bit bigger
We enjoined the facilities the gym has good equipments and also we used the children playground
We had a good time.

Room Tip: Our studio is not over looking at the Burj Khalifa but if you look out from the balcony you will see...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Dee_uae,
Goo day and thank you for your flattering feedback which is very well received and for this I am very thankful and fortunate. It allows us the insights of our guests and this is an invaluable tool when creating a perfect hotel for all our varied guests. I have taken all your comments and shared them with my team. We are fully aware that all guests have different preferences and note them for all their future stays. If you are returning to the area, I would very much like to welcome you back to hotel, noting your personal preferences and see to them to secure your satisfaction.

Until then and on behalf of my team and myself, thank you once again, you have our collective gratitude and appreciation.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The location of the hotel is just perfect; opens into adjoining Dubai mall - where you can spend many an hour and most of your dollars if you feel like it. I was here for a business event in the hotel and am quite happy overall with the levels of service et al. I do wish my room was a tad larger but then, considering the amount of time I spent in it - I really shouldn't complain.

I specifically asked for a room with a view of the Burj Khalifa; was surprised when the staff told me 'All rooms have a Burj Khalifa view'... Well, my room did have a view (I needed to crane my neck out of the balcony), but many of my colleagues had a view of the pool and downtown Dubai instead. I liked the view my room had, I could watch traffic for hours if I wished. For context, my room was exactly above the hotel entrance on Floor 5.

I'd read a few of the 'terrible reviews' here on TA and am glad to report that nothing of the sort happened with me. In fact, I don't have anything to complain about so I'm going with a 'VG' rating here.

Room Tip: King Bed & Burj Khalifa view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Pratish M
TADMM, Hotel Manager at Address Dubai Mall, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear PratishMenon,
Good day and thank you for your positive report on tripadvisor. I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to share you feedback to our team. We would like to welcome you back to The Address Dubai Mall Hotel in the near future and I would like to offer my personal assistance to ensure your stay is even better for your next visit as we are very appreciative you took your time to share your positive feedback. I have also noted your preferences in your profile to ensure your satisfaction.
Thank you once again for your positive feedback!

West Midlands, England.
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The staff are really well trained and very professional in their dealings. Our suite was very comfortable and spacious - particularly liked the coffee machine. Great location for the mail and shopping with easy access to the monorail. All areas were very clean and modern. Very positive experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Lesley W,
Good day and a very sincere thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. It is truly great to read that we have gained yet another loyal customer and this is very much appreciated. I invite you to contact me for you next visit as we strive to make your succeeding visits even better.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Address Dubai Mall Hotel and I shall share your feedback with my entire team.

Riyadh
Reviewed 18 March 2012

If you are in Dubai for shopping then this is where you should stay ! Free wifi, direct access to Dubai mall, they have to type of accommodation; hotel rooms and apartments , both are great ans spacious.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Samer A,
Good day and thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. We are very fortunate to have the Dubai Mall connected to us and the product that meets your high expectations and satisfaction. It is with great enthusiasm that I share your comments with my team. They show great pride in a job well done.
Thank you for that opportunity to gain your loyalty. I do very much hope that you return to The Address Dubai Mall for we are grateful and will ensure your stay is exceptional every time.
Please feel free to contact me so I may assist with your reservation upon your next visit.
Kind regards,