1,960 results
All reviewsdubai airportfree shuttlebreakfast boxhi expressshort stayan overnight staybetween flightsshuttle servicelate arrivalconnecting flightan early flightstayed one nighthour layoverrooms are cleanlong layoverbreakfast was includedmetro station
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Any review depends on what you want and expect. The Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport provided us with everything we wanted and expected from an overnight stop in Dubai.Emirates, perhaps the best airline, virtually enforces an overnight stay on passengers travelling between the UK and Australia. Anyway, a free shuttle bus met us at Dubai airport after a 5-10 minute wait and took us to the Holiday Inn Express where the reception staff we quick to process our reservation and set us on our way to the room which was at least satisfactory and gave us a comfortable night before breakfast which was included in the price, and the shuttle whisked us off to the airport on time as it does hourly. Top service! Perfect for us and value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for somewhere quiet. We never heard a thing.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AussieOseas
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed here for a one night stopover between flights, this hotel was fine for that though wouldn't want to stay here any longer than that.
Exactly what you'd expect from a HI Express it's basic but clean. For the price it's great value. Breakfast was ok, a reasonable cold continental buffet. Certainly better than the UK HI Express breakfast..
Close to the airport, but we heard no noise at all. We found shuttle to the airport fine. Though when we arrived in Dubai at 2am we were unable to find the shuttle, seems there were signs for every other hotel but this one. When we did find it the queue was huge so we opted for a taxi, only took a couple of minutes.
Staff were ok, though check in was very slow.
Would stay here again between flights in Dubai.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Crisp47
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed here for one night as a stopover. Was looking for something cheap, clean, nice bed, hot shower and breakfast. Delivered on all fronts.

Not too much spare space in the room - so great for one night but wouldn't stay here if visiting Dubai. We had our luggage checked through to our final destination, so we only had our small backpacks with a change and a toothbrush. (However if you fly Emirates, they give you a travel pack with a fairly decent toothbrush and toothpaste in it, so if I'd known I would have packed our toothbrushes in our checked baggage.)

Our room was twin 'double' beds, but really they are just a little bit bigger than singles. I don't think they were full doubles. Beds were quite firm - similar to Singapore or Malaysia or Japan.

Internet was at an additional cost, and not great reception in the rooms - is more designed for use in the lobby. Snacks, toiletries can all be purchased in the lobby - nothing is complimentary.

Location was great - two minutes taxi from the airport, and cheap. We taxied from the airport to the Mall of the Emirates, and then caught the train back to the airport, then got a taxi from the airport to the hotel again. Mall of the Emirates is definately worth a look.

Breakfast was fairly standard, but good.

Would definately stay here again on a stopover to break up a long flight.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JadeandSimon
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I booked this hotel as we had a long transit time in Dubai and were travelling with an 18 month old baby. When we arrived at the airport we saw a man holding a Holiday Inn Express sign. We approached him only to be abruptly told the shuttle bus was outside. We had to ask where it stopped, waited 40 mins for it to arrive and then were rudely told it would not depart for another 20 minutes! So we had to get a taxi. When we arrived at the hotel the reservations clerk was not very friendly and took ages to check us in. Can't fault the rooms for the price but when we got on the shuttle bus back to the airport at 6am the next morning EVERYONE on the bus was complaining about the shuttle service and the staff. Would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank elainep08
KanaanChady, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport.

Thank you for taking the time and writing about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport. We appreciate your feedback and it is highly appreciated and taken into consideration and respective actions will be taken accordingly in order for such an incident not to occur in the future.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered, concerning the shuttles service it runs every hour and it has a specific schedule to follow, as it is not allowed by the Government authority to put signs direction inside the airport that’s why it has been a challenge to locate the shuttle bus.

Kindly do contact me on my address below in order to discuss your concern further and for me to be able to solve your inconvenience according to your expectation.

Chady Kanaan
Hotel Manager
Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport
Po Box 35257, Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971 4 290 0153
Mob: +971 50 8936356
Email: chady.kannan@hiexdubai.ae

Reviewed September 7, 2011

The 381 room Holiday In Express, just 'across' the highway from the main terminal of Dubai International Airport can be reached within minutes by the complimentary shuttle bus.
Another advantage is the vicinity of the Metro, which makes going places easy and is quite cheap compared to constantly using taxis, especially when doing a bit of 'elevated' sightseeing - great views in fact as the trains rush along over the traffic.
Check in was swift, I got a non smoking room as prerequested and a queen sized bed. Two sets of pillows were available, harder and softer, so no one need to suffer of a neck ache when waking up after selecting one's individual preference.
The room, though on the small side, had all I needed for my few days in Dubai - never touched the TV but immediately connected by 'wire' to the super fast internet where I got all the news I needed.
Reception organised the delivery of some vanity kit on the double which was impressive too. An ironing board and flat iron is available from the hotel's housekeeping which proved valuable. Best in the bathroom was the water pressure under the shower, making the massage jet function of the showerhead work extremely well.
Every time I passed the reception and had a question to ask, staff were courteous and got me what I wanted.
Admittedly the HIX is not a luxury hotel but provides all one really needs at a fraction of the cost of a 5 star. Breakfast is complimentary, and the wireless internet connection in the restaurant works well, and window seats offer a view across to the airport where jets come and go every minute. Although I did not have dinner at the hotel, I checked out the evening buffet which at 59 DH is very good value for money too. Comes recommended when budget matters and being close to the airport, on departure the free hotel shuttle again delivers one back in no time to the terminal.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper floors with a view across to the airport - fascinating to see the A380's come and go
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business