New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #185 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Manama
“Very poor example”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express's, the one at Dubai Internet City is excellent but this one is very poor. The rooms are of course exactly the same as other properties but the service is dreadful. The breakfast is a disgrace and even although included in the price I only had toast, the only thing edible. I had made the mistake the previous evening of having the buffet dinner and that was also terrible.
The charge of 85 Dihrams ($23) for 24 hrs internet is also a rip off. I will not stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Beedij,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abbotsford,BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This Holiday inn is located across from terminal 3 (Emirates).The front desk is very busy with people constantly checking in and out.There is a fee to use the computers in the lobby.You have to wait in the same line as everyone else checking in /out.The process takes 5-20 min. depending on the line up.After you pay 15 AED for 30 min.They give you a code that doesn't always work, so having to go back to the busy counter again to get a new code was a bit frustrating.There is also a fee for wifi.The rooms are basic.The first night we had no hand towel or face cloth.The second day we were only given one towel.The hallways are noisy due to people checking in at all hours.Most rooms have the view of a brick wall outside.Buffet breakfast is average.
The good:There is a free shuttle that leaves once an hour to and from the airport to all terminals.It is a 10 minute walk to the metro station which will connect you to most of the city.The beds were soft,clean and comfortable.This Hotel is fine for a one or two night stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Rachele777,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

It is very close, and the shuttele will pick you up and drop you off twice and hour, remember that this is a budget hotel, so expect no luxury here, but a good stop for those traveler who have to stay in Dubai for a few hours, and its much better than sitting at the Airport for a long time. I would say it is worth it, the Internet prices are a little steep, but their downstairs bar is great, and always serving very cold beer, as opposite to my previous review of a different Holiday Inn in Dubai ( Al Bashra), this one will allow you to have visitors come and greet you at your room, they will call you before hand to inform you they have arrived.

The hotel is a little far from the City specially during traffic hours, so if you have a flight to catch and you need to check out make sure you give your self ample time to make it back on time if you decide to go explore Dubai.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012 via mobile

the hotel is new, clean and good priced, the bar is nice, feels like home, obviously being a budget hotel there in no luxury based on what you are paying, however i was surprised on how rude the operator was when picked up my phone. i asked him, 'if i would like to have a late check out at 6 pm how much would i have to pay? he answered ' half rate ' so then i asked can you tell me how much would that be 'he yelled "HALF PRICE HALF THE ROOM RATE" '. and i replied can you tell me the amount.? he then shut the phone in my face. thats when i thought that proper manners come with no cost even for a budget hotel, this rude operator is the reason i will not return to this hotel. i called at around 7 pm 22nd march from room 461 i dialed 0 i believe it was the operator or the front desk. the check in lady i think she is sirilankan or indian was very professional and seemed like she was following the standards very professnaly.and the bar staff were nice. on another occasion the i asked the operator for a toothbrush after i checked in but never arrived then i called back and no answer.

Stayed March 2012
KanaanChady, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Abbas,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport for your accommodation and sharing your valuable feedback that is very important for us to improve our service and to make such incident will not occur in the future.
Kindly accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience that you encountered with the operator and we are very thankful for your positive feedback about the staff professionalism, our main concern is your comfort and we do not compromise on customer satisfaction.

Kindly find my contact details below if you would like to discuss your concerns further.

Kind Regards,

Fax: 00 971 4 2900222
E-mail: chady.kannan@hiexdubai.ae
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

this is plain robbery for a budget hotel.

internet is not a luxury or option anymore, it is a requirement just like hot water and A/C.

this is outright price gouging.

too bad because otherwise this is a quite decent airport hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
numberoneson,

Thank you for your feedback. We have forwarded your comments about the internet fee to the appropriate parties. I know they share our goal of consistent high quality, and I am confident they will take the necessary steps to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. This was by far the WORST experience at a hotel I have EVER seen. First, the front desk attendant had horrible customer service & she was not accommodating at all. My reservation clearly says for 2 people, 2 beds. It took her forever to check us in and get me a room.

Next issue, the room is a hole in the wall with 2 beds, like they are herding cows. There are ZERO amenities in this room. No soap, lotion, enough towels!! THey only had 1 towel for the 2 of us. And to top it off, we tried to take a shower and the water DID NOT GET HOT! I am sorry but before I go on a 16 hour flight, i'd like to take a hot shower and I could not even do this.

I had dinner there at their buffet & the food was uneatable with flies roaming around the food everywhere. Absolutely disgusting and horrible experience.

Also, they do not have wake up calls. AND I tried calling the front desk multiple times to ask for more towels & some amenities but NOONE ANSWERED! SO I couldn't even complain and I wasn't about to go down to the front desk to get these things when I was inappropriately dressed.

Horrible service from A to Z and I have no idea what my money even paid for here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sabrina g
KanaanChady, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Express DUbai Airport.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback in regards to your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, which is very important for us to improve our services. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay and for not being able to meet your expectations, your comfort is our main priority and we do not compromise on guest satisfaction.

Reference to your concern kindly note that being a Holiday Inn Express property it is our standard for not having any toilet amenities, wakeup call and the room size is not as big as 5 stars hotel room, please find my contact details below if you would like to contact me and I will be personally handling your concerns and making sure that all your requests are met according to your expectation.

Kind Regards,

Fax: 00 971 4 2900222
E-mail: chady.kannan@hiexdubai.ae
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Instead of hanging around in the vast Dubai Terminal, The Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport is a good pit stop. Its close to the airport - though taxis are very scarce there and the only way to get there is the hotel shuttle. Services - like Internet, Breakfast etc are either expensive or very average. The staff can be very unfriendly and unwelcoming at times!

Room Tip: Request for a room close to the elevator or else one has to walk a lot with luggage as everything is...