“Excellent place for a family holiday”

Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah
Ranked #185 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent place for a family holiday”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Good experience throughout - nice big rooms with possibility for in-house dining, nice outdoor area, quiet, nice beach, nice pool area, not too crowded, friendly staff and good service (obvious that staff tried very hard to be excellent). Really nothing to complain about.

2 Thank Artemis500
KempinskiPalm, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear Artemis500,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive review. Your comment is invaluable for us and enables us to continually improve our services.

We will be looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Burkhard Wolter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I went with a friend and it was a very romantic stay, no noisy, calm and relaxing, inside the Palm so we have the best views over all Dubai (burj al Arab, Khalifa, Marina etc), fantastic breakfast, nice little bar with a very funny pianist, romantic and delighful dinners, nice garden that you can wander around and watch the stars... and the rooms... the rooms... so nice! they look like you are in an european palace! and the beach is one of the best I have seen inside a citty... well kept, clean, organize, the water is amazing and the views to die for... even if it was around 62F when I visit! (I didn´t expect that cold in Dubai, I though it was summer all year round, but if you are lucky and t here is no wind, is still unvelibable). Thanks!!!

Room Tip: The best rooms are overlooking the city, you will have the sea, beach and garden view between you an...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lin C
KempinskiPalm, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Lin C,

Thank you very much for your lovely and encouraging words. It is my great pleasure to read that you have had an enjoyable and romantic stay with us. It is especially good to hear that we could make you feel the Kempinski's remarkable European flair.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights with my wife and 2 older children,one of the reasons is not many hotels cater for families!!.
On arrival it has the wow factor and the service from the moment we arrived to we left was of an excellent 5* quality.
The hotel is spotless and the rooms are extremely extravagent with amazing views over the lagoon or ocean.
It isnt too crowded and you couldnt fail to relax there which was a complete contrast as we booked into the Atlantis for 1 night at the end of our stay and it feels like your staying at a train station with all the ebb and flow of people,a very stressfull last night.
I would recommend the kempinski to anyone wanting utter luxury and quality

9 Thank nathan c
Dear Nathan C,

I am delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback.

We will await you back at Kempinski Palm Jumeirah soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Paris, France
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Lot of interesting details to write about this hotel; First it is not really an hotel; I thought it was the same as the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi but this is (just) apartments that you rent. Very strange market positioning for Kempinsky, I didn't expect that they would develop 'managed residencies', I always have in mind the excellent management of the Emirates Palace.

Location: In west crescent, palm Jumeirah. At the end of nowhere I would say, don't expect a taxi to pick you up here. This is near the (crowded) Atlantis Palm; If you have you own car it is perfect, if not forget it. Around the hotel/apartments you have... nothing, it sounds that the construction of the second part of the hotel has stopped.

Building: Beautiful building outside, lot of luxury inside; The apartments are spacious, very well finished, very clean; mine had a sea view, really nice. However the insulation of the apartment door is not perfect so you can hear when people are walking on the corridor. You can also hear when someone moves a furniture in an other apartment.

Swimmig pool: nice area, with direct access to the beach, nothing extravagant. The management should lower the music.

Diner / lunch: you have one restaurant and one bar, I tried the restaurant only for the breakfast, very good.

Conclusion: Try to get a good deal for 2 or 3 bedrooms apartments, I got one, so you can benefit from a Palace fro your kids and then visit Dubai. Don't choose this hotel to stay several day without a car, this is not a 'real' hotel.

Room Tip: SEA VIEW! This is a beautiful view and one of the advantage of this residence.
1 Thank vayton1
Dear Vayton1,

Thank you very much for your constructive review and feedback. Kempinski manages Luxury Hotels as well as Residences, and Emirates Palace as you mentioned is one of the Luxury Hotels. Here at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, in addition to full hotel services we offer all suites with a residential feel and as you might have noticed, fully equipped kitchens, laundry rooms, large balcony or terrace are provided with any Suite, Penthouse or Villa.

I will really be pleased to welcome you back to Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah.

Worcestershire
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed four nights in this impressive looking new hotel over February half term with children aged 14 and 11. A real wow factor on arrival especially as two Rolls Royce Phantoms and a Lamborghini parked outside the main entrance. Staff very welcoming and friendly and we were promptly shown to our impressive 2 bedroom suite with three bathrooms! Very spacious rooms and extremely comfortable beds, flat screen tvs and fully fitted kitchen all superb. The pool and beach areas also excellent and I would certainly stay again BUT the dining options are very limited especially if you have taken a half board option. There was little if any selection really suited to children with no 'childrens menu' on offer and we were suprised that there was only one restaurant. Breakfast was good and plenty of selection, but lunchtime always posed problems with waiters as no one was quite sure what food we could have on half board. A poolside menu was available with a good choice but producing a daily menu with the half board option proved difficult on more than one occasion. None of the staff were sure whether the daily beach BBQ was available as a half board option. However the food we did have was good but the hotel needs to provide much more in the way of half board and childrens menus. Despite the hotel still only 6 months old it seems staff training in the dining room needs addressing! On one occasion our cutlery was changed three times before we had seen any food!
I would recommend staying but only on a bed and breakfast basis and eat out in the evening in one of the amazing shopping malls taking the free shuttle bus service or a taxi. Note also that children are not allowed in the bar area next to the dining room so there is no facility to enjoy a pre dinner drink unless its at your table.
The hotel was booked through British Airways and I would add that the package was a good price with excellent transfers, a large BMW was our vehicle to the hotel and two cars took us back to the airport, an Audi A8 and a Mercedes! The BA flight was good on schedule both ways, although the World Traveller food is still not as good as Emirates!

4 Thank Buddyboyy
Dear Buddyboyy,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I'm personally pleased to hear that we could make your family vacation enjoyable. I appreciate your valid point on half board options and choice of dining outlets. Taking your feedback into consideration, I will discuss this with our Food & Beverage Manager and our Executive Chef and find suitable solution.

I will definitely be looking forward to welcome you, your family and children once again in the near future.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel considered to be one of the luxury hotels in Dubai. The facilities (rooms, beach, restaurant…etc) are well structured with top notch furnitures. However, this is does not justify the poor service and ignorance of our requests. We didn’t feel that we are valuable customers. I stayed along with my family in two suites for 8 nights and paid almost 40,000 SAR (13,260 $) and they treated us as a normal or even less valuable customer. This really made me disappointed and I talked with their management several times but unfortunately no response. Upon my arrival to my home I sent another letter to Kempinski management but again they didn’t give me any feedback. One point to add, the housekeeping was horrible.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank komosani
Dear Komosani,

First of all, thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. Your comments will help us to improve our services to a very level Kempinski is committed to. I am sorry to learn that you experienced a poor service when having a stay with us. Using your constructive feedback, I'll be pushing forward a Kempinski standard training for my team and I do hope that you will consider coming back again and I will be delighted to welcome you personally and provide Kempinski's 5 Star service.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I'm sorry...kempinski pride themselves by the notion that they've been in the hotel business for over 100 years. If you were unfortunate enough to be at this one in the first week of January, you'd think they'd never run a hotel before!

Where to start? Arrived early, room not ready. Not a problem. They suggested breakfast. It was cold. Went to first room. It overlooked a construction site. It hadn't been snagged and there were no electrical sockets. You couldn't even plug the bed side lamps in. We were moved to another room, which had been snagged. It was excellent. Feeling better...

First night...gas is cut off. No hot food! Are they serious? Forced Decamp to Atlantis...amazing. Day two; Pool - service is the worst I have experienced any where in the world ever! (including the carribean
- at least the Bajans are cool
In being slow!) - it took 45 mins to get a glass of sprite (provided you went to remind them after 40 mins). Pool bar wasn't open. Pool restaurant was still being built (despite a reassurance from the hotel directly before I booked that everything was finished). Not particularly relaxing while they cut tiles for the badly needed 2nd restaurant. Shall I go on?

Ah..being woken at 2am as a dozy cleaner decides that it is the best time to use a floor cleaning machine outside our room door!?

The service staff are simply appalling, with the exception of the spa staff who were great. The spa - actually it isnt really a spa! It is some treatment rooms; no jacuzzi, no sauna, no steam...spa is a slightly optimistic description. Gym; rubbish. Two treadmills is hardly sufficient for the size of the complex. Went three times; three times returned having not used equipment, because they were in use.

Lunch - it took one hour for the pool staff to bring the menu! It became a standing joke. By the end of the week, we had spent time purposefully away from the hotel because the service was doing my head in. I even went to a supermarket to buy my own drinks so I didn't have to ask anyone for a drink? Can you believe it? I certainly can't...

I brought it to the attention of management...did they sort it? Did they make it better? No. It actually got worse. The manager actually suggested I went to stay elsewhere, which makes me sound like the guest from hell. I'm not. I have never written a review before. I have never before felt compelled to write to a hotel manager whilst in residence to outline the extensive issues I faced. To suggest I go elsewhere was insulting.

The rooms were great and I suspect once phase two is complete and the staff have been (a) sacked (b) more recruited and (c) trained...this will one day be a fabulous resort.
As of now it isn't...I may try it again in 2-3 years time.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank jlbwillow
KempinskiPalm, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Jasonlb,

We at Kempinski do understand the importance of fulfilling our guests expectations and it concerns me greatly that you have departed our hotel on a negative note.

While thanking you for your time compiling the constructive feedback , do rest assured that I have shared your concern with my team making sure such shortfalls will remain isolated.

We are constantly striving to improve our service and facilities. Ascertaining service excellence is what Kempinski Hotels are renowned for worldwide and failing to do so is not the way we would like to associate ourselves and our services with .

Will look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,