New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #488 of 543 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

I was put up here by my company when asked to work in Dubai for 6 months.

The location is ok if not brilliant - walking distance from Mall of the Emirates and the attached metro station (though not a walk to do in the heat of the Middle East summer).

The apartment is a decent size with a kitchen / living area, bedroom and bathroom. However the apartment I was allocated was dark and dingy, not at all like the light and bright photos on this website. The room had not been properly cleaned (dirty footprints on the floor, food residue on the top of the rubbish bin, greasy fingerprints on doors) and was not ever properly cleaned for the month I was there - in the end I cleaned the rubbish bin and wiped down the doors / cupboards myself.

The fixtures and fittings were shabby and in need of repair - eg chipped tiles and stained bath, an oven which was so worn the temperature settings were no longer visible, a washing machine which leaked.

Given that I was supposed to be renting the apartment for 6 months there was a woeful lack of basic equipment - I was provided with just 2 glasses, 2 small mugs, a few plates, no bowls, no tea towel, horribly old pans, 6 clothes hangers.

I reported these problems both directly and via my company and minimal changes were made - the two dirty glasses were swopped for two clean ones and a couple of extra bits of cutlery were provided - there was no real evidence of acknowledge of the issue or attempt to resolve it. After complaining on numerous occaisions I was offered another room - I went to see two different rooms and they were all the same - dark and dingy, not properly cleaned and not properly equipped. I was told several times that management wanted to meet with me which I was happy to do but the meeting never happened. Once the pre-paid month was up I moved out.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
AlDiarAlBarsha, General Manager at Al Diar Hotel Apartments - Al Barsha, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Al Diar Hotel Apartments - Al Barsha and for your valuable feedback. I regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. I would like to reassure you that every possible measure will be taken to ensure that the issues highlighted in your feedback are effectively addressed, we remain committed to providing our guests with world class hospitality and service which is best in class.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Al Diar Hotel Apartments - Al Barsha and offering you a better stay.

Warm Regards,
Management
Al Diar Hotel Apartments - Al Barsha

Couples
Solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Great service ,very speedy and courteous and the location helps plan travel in and around the city .
Easy to find ,we are Sure to come back here .

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlDiarAlBarsha, General Manager at Al Diar Hotel Apartments - Al Barsha, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Al Diar Hotel Apartments – Al Barsha, Dubai!
First of all thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor.
We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our service and location well suited to your needs. Being located in Al Barsha we are in close proximity to several business centres such as the Dubai business hub, Internet City and Jebel Ali Free Zone. We hope you were able to take out time to visit local attractions such as the Mall of Emirates and Jumeirah which are all within walking distance of the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your return journey and assure you of the very best in hospitality always.

Warm Regards,