“Excellent Service”

Ranked #141 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Nairobi, Kenya
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I visited Dubai just at the start of summer and was booked in this Hotel by my Company. The rooms are squeaky clean and the service from the staff was excellent, and very informative! I liked there buffet area for breakfast and any meals ordered from their in-room dining are quite affordable. The great thing about this Hotel is the proximity to the Metro Station which is just five minutes away and you can get to travel to all destinations at low fares indeed! I miss Park Regis already, I want to go back :-(

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Spent 5 nights in April 2012. Outstanding location, restaurants, fast food, Burjuman mall, metro stations - all within 2 to 5 minutes walk. You can walk to the creek (15 minutes) or take a cab (10 AED) or take metro (4AED). Metros are every 7 minutes, very convenient. Rooms are new, clean, and very specious. Hotel staff is friendly, smiling, and helpful. Hotel restaurant is excellent. We stayed on the 8th floor. 2 complementary bus everyday to and from the Dubai mall and Jumera beach. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank abusabiq
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I was travelling with my mother, it was her first time so I wanted to make sure everything was okay ... so I got in touch with the hotel via email a few weeks prior just to ask what type of room I was going to have and some additional questions, was not very happy with the time for the reply, had to wait a few days and when I did get contact, I was sent a photo etc. Got there to find, that the room I got was completely different to the photo an there was nothing else available and apparently that photo was the same as the room they gave !!! Had to wait 20 minutes before suitcases came to the room and that was only because I called them. Breakfast choice was okay. Had to ask for the room to be made up. Basically if you don't ask you don't get, which was annoying.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Krina30
parkregisdubai, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Dear Guest

My apologies for not replying earlier. I have investigated the circumstances of your stay and I apologize to you with regards to the confusion of the room that you were allocated. I would also like to apologize to you for the other inconsistencies in service that you experienced and I can assure you that our culture is to be proactive and not require guests to ask.

I do hope that you will consider our Hotel if you are coming back to Dubai so that we can rectify any past impressions and I would be delighted if you contacted me so that I can be of service in this regard.

Best regards

Scott Butcher
Edinburgh
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed here for approximately 2 weeks whilst on business.

I was really impressed with this hotel! The rooms are great, really massive and squeaky clean. Massive bath and shower with music pumping out whilst you bath. The maids do an excellent job of keeping the standards high.

The staff are always very polite and friendly and do well to cater for every need. I used the gym, swimming pool and roof terrace most days, roof terrace is amazing! Great views of the city sprawling out in fron of you whilst you enjoy a beer and swim in the sunshine!

Tried the restaurant on the ground floor 3 or 4 times (cant remember its name!) and it impressed. Had a few lightbites in the grandstand bar and watched all the matches from home, very nice. On our final night we tried the posh 19th floor restaurant which again was brilliant. Incredible evening views over the city, had some great food and wine!

I would recommend the Park Regis to anyone thinking of travelling to Dubai, you will not be dissapointed, I promise!

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank SandyMoEdinburgh
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here for a few days at the beginning of March prior to a cruise. The hotel has lots of good points and I would certainly choose it again. When we booked in, after a long flight, we were delighted to be told that as there were no standard rooms available we had been upgraded. A very good start!! Our room, on the 13th floor, was large and very comfortable with a great view.. Lots of storage and a desk. AC worked well (and we needed it!) We especially appreciated the complimenatary bottled water.and the hi tech control panel (we must have been very tired that first night as it took us ages trying to work out how to put the lights out!)
The rooftop pool is lovely with that wonderful view again.We enjoyed breakfast each morning and Happy Hour each evening.
The location is excellent. There are a number of fast food outlets close by but try the Indian restaurants (particulaly Ravis) for something a bit different. The Burguman Mall is just across the street, the Metro is very handy and the Ho-Ho bus stops outside the Mall.The staff are very helpful and there is free wi fi in the lobby. An excellent hotel, I can definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor-the views are fantastic
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Janey 3352
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed for one night with my family on the way back home from Abu Dhabi. The room was spacious and clean, with a beautiful bathroom. We stayed on the fourth floor with a view of the street, but it was quiet anyway. The rooftop pool is beautiful during the night, but we got a little disappointed that the jacuzzi was out of service in the womens area, although it worked on the men´s side. We had our dinner on the 19th floor, asian cuisine in beautiful surroundings. Food was nice, staff ok.
As we were leaving really early to get to the airport we´d arranged with the reception to get a wake-up call at 04.00. Luckily we´d set our own alarmclocks, because that wake-up call never came. We pointed this out to the staff in the reception when we checked out but they didn´t seem to bother. We´d also prebooked a taxi but there was some hassle before they could sort out if there had been a booking or not....Finally we got their free airport-limousine witch was great, and because we missed breakfast we got breakfast bags with us.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Linné
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Great hotel to start with. Great clean rooms, very clean hotel in general. The staff 99% of were great, always friendly and smiling.

I had a couple of issues whilst staying here for 1 week. One time I called housekeeping to ask about the pillow service they offered, to cut a long story short, the women I spoke to on the phone put the phone down on me which I found VERY unprofessional. I did bring it to the duty manager's attention but all he said was that they will investigate but never got back to me.
I also had a leak at the bottom of my shower in the bathroom. I called reception to get someone to have a look at it. They did but I never got a response from anybody at the hotel stating if the problem had been fixed etc. I again went down to speak to the duty manager the same guy, an Indian chap, and he states that they have been trying to call me all day and have left messages for me on my answer phone and TV. I informed the duty manager that they left NO message because I check them daily and no messages were found, so he was lying. He did state when confronted that I had to move room but I refused due to me only having 1 more day left and I could not be bothered to move all my stuff out just to pack it all again the next day.

So all in all if it was not for these two incidents I would gave this hotel 4 or 5 stars. I do not think I will stay here again due to the very poor customer service I received for a hotel room I was paying £115 per night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank S8G
parkregisdubai, General Manager at Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I have noted that there were some good aspects of the Hotel and that there were some service issues which unfortunately marred your stay. I have followed up with telephonist and the Duty Manager and please accept my apologies . I can assure you that this is not the usual at the Park Regis Dubai.

I do hope that we will have the chance of rectifying these impressions and if you are coming back to Dubai I would wecome the opportunity to do so. In that event please contact me so that I can make the necessary arrangements.

Kind regards