“cheerful and attractive interiors”
Review of Social House

Social House
Ranked #142 of 9,810 Restaurants in Dubai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Social House is an exciting restaurant bringing you flavors of the world surrounded by stunning views and warm alluring design, where guests can have an enjoyable one-of-a-kind dining experience. Indulge in their delicious comfort cuisine from different regions of the world, with special menus for every part of the day. Located in the heart of Dubai, Social House first opened in 2010 at The Dubai Mall.
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I've passed by this place a couple of times and being at the corner catches your eye with the cheerful interiors and layout of the place. It looks like an upmarket cafeteria-style restaurant with beech-coloured tables and white/orange/lime green chairs. The menu is divided into east and west so it's pretty obvious what the selections will be. They also have a sushi menu but we decided on a Calamari starter from the west menu and Nasi Goreng and Singapore boiled chicken rice from the east menu. My Singapore boiled chicken was quite tasty and it came with dipping sauces (soy, chilli and ginger), the bowl of rice with it was topped with crispy garlic and full of flavor. It was also served with a bowl of soup. Our server claimed that it's authentic, although I found the chicken to be a bit greasy, despite being bolied.

Another place to people watch and see the fountains and I was suprised that they were still on at almost 1am, maybe because it's the weekend.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I ate for the second time at the Social House last week and it is now my favorite restaurant in Dubai Mall. I personally recommend the Nasi Goreng! It's quite difficult to find really spicy asian food in the Emirates but this place certainly hit my hot spot! I will be going back and I will be bringing my friends!

ps. Great view opposite the Burj Khalifa!

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Great place for people watching. The food is quite average.
I tried their Asian (papaya salad is not bad) and there is generally too much soy sauce and it's not very creative. Their salads are small and really expensive for what you get. Their desserts are a hit or a miss, depending on whether they changed their dessert menu.
Unreliable food in terms of quality.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I went for dinner with family at the Social House as their menu caters for different tastes. We specifically asked for all of our food to be served together. However, one of us had ordered a pizza and that came first. We asked them to retrun it to the kitchen and bring it back when the rest of the food was ready. The waitress infoemd us that as the kitchen was busy, they can't guarantee all of the food together and we had to accept things as they became ready. We explained that we had specifically ordered for everything to come together and that we didn't want one of us to eat alone. In addition, the pizza was cold- really cold and not just room temperature.

They took the pizza away and brought it back with the rest of the food. The pizza was still cold and another dish- steak- was cold. We asked them to heat the food. As the pizza had fresh rocket on it, and had been heated twice already, we asked for a new one. To ensure that we got a new pizza, we asked them to keep the old one on the table till the new one was ready. The staff decided to keep both the pizza and the cold steak on the table whilst they prepared new ones.

The new ones were fine and hot. When the bill came, the waitress voluntarily told us that the 2 items had been removed from our bill. We had not asked for them to be removed as at the end we did end up eating them but were happy with their touch of customer service. Upon checking the bill, we found the pizza and steak had been included. When we asked the waitress to remove them as she had promised, she expalined that she was referring to the 2 cold dishes which had not been eaten! We tried to explain to her that it was obvious we should not pay for cold food or dishes that had been heated twice. And that we had assumed the restaurant wouldn't charge us for the 2 dishes at all as two of us had to eat 20 minutes after the rest had finished. We asked to speak with the manager but he refused to come to our table! We ended up paying the bill with the 2 dishes included. After we paid and got up to leave, the manager came but he insisted that they had already shown us courtesy by not charging us for the 2 cold meals.

Suffice to say, none of us will be going back there!

4  Thank Yamama A
Reviewed 5 January 2012

good location and comprehensive menu. good social house!!