1,025 results
All reviews complimentary stay airport shuttle hotel provided free shuttle metro station burj khalifa
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

I was offered a complimentary hotel stay by Qantas due to the length of my stopover (9 hours) on the way from Australia to London. Having read previous comments about this program, Dubai Connect, I was a bit doubtful but gave it a go.

There was almost zero guidance given within the airport about what to do or where to go. After speaking to a few staff, we worked out that you have to go out through passport control, showing your hotel voucher (which was provided when we checked in at departure). You then wander around lost for a while until, in the distance, you see a small sign above a desk near an exit which reads 'Emirates Dubai Connect'. A woman at this desk waved us over to a group of seats and told us to wait for the transfer bus.

After a little while she came over and told us that the bus had arrived outside, and we were escorted out to a small mini bus. This then took us to the hotel, where we were able to check in and given a room. This process took about 1 hour in total.

Our room was a decent size with twin beds. It was clean and the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was also clean with fluffy towels and lots of hot water (previous reviews have complained of no hot water, so this was a happy discovery).

Breakfast was included, and consisted of a decent buffet in the restaurant.

We were able to have a shower, sleep for a few hours and get a meal, thanks to Qantas. The hotel gave us a wake up call, we got the minibus transfer back to the airport with plenty of time to catch our flight, and felt rested at the end of the experience.

Although this is not a hotel I'd chose for a holiday getaway, as a place to rest and freshen up on a stopover it ticked all the necessary boxes.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Belbella50
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

I had a 9 hour stop over and was assigned this hotel for the first time. Previously I stayed at another hotel. I was exhausted. I had arrived after a 14 hour flight from Seattle and then had a TWO hour wait for my cabin bag at the airport. Eventually got to the hotel where I was met by a queue of about 30 ppl waiting to book in. Another wasted hour and I got to my room. The door key card did not work so back down to reception to get another. I do hope I don't have to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2018

Situated outside the airport, this is a decent hotel for a stopover. Rooms are small but neat. Hotel has shuttle to and from airport. Buffet has a reasonable spread.In all, a good hotel for a quick nap, a hot shower and some food before you head back to the airport to catch your next flight.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank PranavIndia
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Wow - Dubai is a country of distinct classes. Even the National Airline has separate hotels for Economy, Business and First Class passengers.

If you fly Economy with them - you will often miss your connection when arriving in Dubai. This happens so often - that Emirates has branded hotels to lodge the passengers that miss connections because of late arrivals.

Copthorne is where you end up when you fly economy. LARGE rooms - but spartan. My shower did not work - and there was no attempt to assist while I was there. They were not worried about any type of customer satisfaction - as most passengers were from Emirates. I would hope that no one would want to stay here otherwise.

They will try to charge you for internet. Go to hotel customer service and demand they supply it for free. They will. You will have to sign a receipt to bill Emirates. With that said - the internet was so bad it was almost worthless. God forbid you have to do business there that requires internet.

The hotel also had an Emirates contracted cafeteria for stranded passengers as well. The food was passable - but nothing more. They do have a VERY NICE COFFEE machine that serves espresso - which was a pleasant surprise.

Never will return here..... I hope.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gerarddunn
Reviewed February 4, 2018

I had a stopover of 8 hours in Dubai and decided not to spend it in the airport. The reception was open 24 hours and I was able to get a few hours sleep and a shower and felt refreshed in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo